1st service done

Guest matt_bex

Rev Ken

I have a local small bike shop with a workshop at the back who I'm going to use to service my DCT. The guy who runs it has 25 years experience which I like the idea of so I intend to use him for everything to do with the bike. I phoned the supplying dealer (who is too far away to use) to ask if there were any unknown issues with using an independent to look after my bike, and they said there should not be any. 1st service will be £40+parts.

Just make sure he uses Honda parts and stamps the book - and keep the receipts for the parts - then your guarantee remains valid.

• 3 weeks later...

Just booked my bike in for the 600 mile service at Thunder Road on the 29th - initial price was £120 (subsidised by Honda, apparently) which I queried as it's an oil and filler change plus checking everything if still tight (I have a rattle at 3k revs they need to sort out.) They came back with £85.... It's worth checking if they are doing the service as per the handbook.

Guest BantamCock

600 mile service at Honda: Check for recalls, first service, carry out HDS test and ECM re-set, road test. Labour £71.50; Parts £33.37 (Drain washer £0.35 Element Oil Filter £7.98 and 2.8L Silkolene Super 4 10/40 £18.37). Add the 20% VAT £125.00. Luckily for me I had 20% discount voucher from Honda's 'Win Big Weekend'. Thought I was going to win a bike :cry:

I always do my own service but never had a new bike before; so until the guarantee lapses they have you by the short & curlies :hairy:

Rocker66

Some of guys need to find different dealers. I paid £43 all in for my 1st service. Ihave just paid less than your £125 for a 8000 mile service on my VFR800X Crossrunner

Just make sure he uses Honda parts and stamps the book - and keep the receipts for the parts - then your guarantee remains valid.

You can't use an indy garage/mate for servicing unless he is VAT registered.

Check this post (and thread) http://www.nc700.co....anty/#entry1568

• 1 month later...

Just been quoted £268 for first 600 mile service by Dunstable Honda, oil & filter change and valve clearances etc.

Queried valve clearances as it'll have only done 600 miles and was advised that it needs to be done.

Supplying dealer offered first 600 mile service free so looks like I'll be riding it back up to Crewe Honda.

Rocker66

Rip off!!

Guest kevvtx

I have just been quoted £134 by Lings Honda. When i queried it, i was told labour is £65 per hour plus disposing of oil, VAT etc!! 22p per mile just for servicing so far!!

Look in the manual and ask them if they are doing the service in accordance with what Honda specifies - if they add anything more ask them why, in their experience, Honda is wrong ;)