Sign in to follow this  
Guest Patrick

GPS?

Guest Patrick

Hi all, pick up my new bike tomorrow, :P In red obviouslly !

Just wonderd if anyone has fitted a GPS or would the vibrations make it a none starter? Looks like the only handlebar brackets are from China (that auction site) they look a bit feeble, worth a 4 week wait for delivery only to be disappointed?

Guest Tumbleweed

Have a look at Gunshot72`s thread in Accessories and modifications titled "Extras I`ve fitted to the NC700 so far". He`s fitted an SW Motech cross brace and a Garmin Zumo.

Guest Patrick

Wow, serious bit of kit is that! I guess it's needed to damp the vibes, I was thinking £10 max or cable ties, bet that cost more than the GPS :(

Have sold my Truimph Bonneville, didn't need a GPS, could never get far enough from home to get lost :mellow:

ted

:welcome:

You could follow the oil trail back home! :D

Guest Tumbleweed

I use a Memory Map Adventurer GPS myself. It`s designed more for walking and cycling as it uses OS mapping but Snooper do a sat nav card for it. The bike mounts are designed for cycles and aren`t the strongest as they only fix on with 2 cable ties but I`ve got a bracket(they`re only a tenner each) on all my bikes so I just swap it over. The Snooper software isn`t the best and I`ve got no audio...well none I can hear unless I stop....but it gets me from A to B. Never really had any trouble with vibration from it on any bike but I can`t try it on my NC (mine will be red too) until it turns up. I`ll let you know the results.

Fishmanboy

I use my natural Ray Mears like sense of direction... all it costs is a bacon roll and a cuppa tea in the morning :D

Guest BlackSilverNC700X
Hi all, pick up my new bike tomorrow, :P In red obviouslly ! Just wonderd if anyone has fitted a GPS or would the vibrations make it a none starter? Looks like the only handlebar brackets are from China (that auction site) they look a bit feeble, worth a 4 week wait for delivery only to be disappointed?

The china made bracket is lousy.

Guest Tumbleweed

Other options are a sat nav pouch that velcros onto the bars. Givi make one.

I don`t know where you`re based but there`s a guy near us lives in Stockport who is a retired engineer and he makes threaded mounts in a workshop in his back garden that`ll fit any sat nav. My other half had one made that fits on the handlebar bracket on his Harley Fat Bob so he can use his Tom Tom out of the car. He`s never mentioned any problems with vibration either and it`s a harley!!!!!! Can give you his details if you`re interested.

Guest Patrick
:) an error occured Edited by Patrick

Guest gunshot72

I don`t know where you`re based but there`s a guy near us lives in Stockport who is a retired engineer and he makes threaded mounts in a workshop in his back garden that`ll fit any sat nav. My other half had one made that fits on the handlebar bracket on his Harley Fat Bob so he can use his Tom Tom out of the car. He`s never mentioned any problems with vibration either and it`s a harley!!!!!! Can give you his details if you`re interested.

Are you talking about Telferizer? He makes RAM ball mounts to fit into the steering stem bore on nearly any bike. You then fit a RAM arm and your satnav holder. If you're not talking about him then sorry ! Here's the Telferizer anyway...

Here's a picture of one on my previous Fireblade...

ram1.jpg

And with the RAM arm fitted and satnav...

ram3.jpg

Looking at the NC you may have to get an offset one as the steering stem bore is right underneath the bars!

Edited by gunshot72

Guest Patrick

dunno :( ,unless..... I know, I'll join this forum and ask all the fountains of wisdom on here ;)

I'm hoping it will fit to the left of centre and swing back to the right? Euston - we may have a problem...

Guest Tumbleweed

Are you talking about Telferizer?

Yeah that`s the guy. He can make just about anything fit.

Guest Patrick

Got it ! (see link above here somewehere) It's the biz, well worth a tenner, fair quailty bit of kit thatgot some great pics of it mounted. Gunshot, it fits fine just to the left, or right of the centre thing and it really does look ok. Haven't tried it out on the road yet. The only let down as far as I can see will be the vibrations,

Got to wire up the socket now, going to be for the charger as well, could leave it in the 'not the tank' and trap the cable when it's shut,it does snag the cable just a tad too much so may have to mount near handlebars. Will put the dremel on charge and see what we can do :rofl:

Got some pics but it ain't easy putting them on here is it :no:

Guest gunshot72

Email me the pics and I'll host them for you. PM.

Guest Patrick
6.jpg[/img]

Guest Patrick

Loading these pics was probably the hardest thing i've done all week :logik: so off to the beech, how do you add text to the same window as a pic?