Where can I complain?

Guest Stavig

Guest Stavig

Carole Nash service centre has my bike since the 10th of July. Everytime I call them they say 2-3 weeks because they haven't got the parts yet and they say they have over 1900 bikes and 4 technicians.

Is that my problem? No it isn't.

Which is an authorised point of contact to complain about that.

My insurance JMI suggested them as better and faster.

Guest Elvisto

Ive Know idea whats wrong with your bike, 

But before I buy insurance, I make sure it's going to be repaired at a Main dealers for that particular make, :D

Send them a notice that you intend to charge them "X" amount every day. I expect they'll make it a priority.

Rocker66

Ive Know idea whats wrong with your bike, 

But before I buy insurance, I make sure it's going to be repaired at a Main dealers for that particular make, :D

Very good point. You are legally entitled to state where you want the bike repaired

Guest dentonlad

Carole Nash service centre has my bike since the 10th of July. Everytime I call them they say 2-3 weeks because they haven't got the parts yet and they say they have over 1900 bikes and 4 technicians.

Is that my problem? No it isn't.

Which is an authorised point of contact to complain about that.

My insurance JMI suggested them as better and faster.

Stavros,

Your point of contact is the claims team at your insurer. They should deal with you as your claim is with them. The contract of insurance is between you and the insurance company. 

Tell your insurance company that you wish to make a complaint regarding the time that the repair is taking. Tell them that you also intend to complain to the ombudsman. http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

Try and stay calm and reasonable with them (even though you may not feel it). 

If they tell you that parts are not available, ask them for a list of the parts that are required and then check their availability with a Honda dealer parts department (preferably one you're friendly with....)

If the parts genuinely aren't available that's tough. Anything else isn't acceptable.

I've just been through this with my Crosstourer.

Good luck.

Keith

Guest Stavig

Stavros,

Your point of contact is the claims team at your insurer. They should deal with you as your claim is with them. The contract of insurance is between you and the insurance company.

Tell your insurance company that you wish to make a complaint regarding the time that the repair is taking. Tell them that you also intend to complain to the ombudsman. http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

If they tell you that parts are not available, ask them for a list of the parts that are required and then check their availability with a Honda dealer parts department (preferably one you're friendly with....)

If the parts genuinely aren't available that's tough. Anything else isn't acceptable.

Good luck.

Keith

Thanks Keith.

It's really helpful.

Guest Stavig

Stavros,

Tell your insurance company that you wish to make a complaint regarding the time that the repair is taking. Tell them that you also intend to complain to the ombudsman. http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

Good luck.

Keith

Thanks Keith.

It's really helpful.