First 16000 miles service costs!

Guest chickenflaps

Scootabout

£90 ph is a high labour rate. But if he's super-quick I suppose the service price might work out no more than someone who charges less ph but is slower. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rocker66

• roddy

• Scootabout

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My only comment on the above except to agree, is that costs and prices are unrelated.    I once charged £666.75 to change a fuse on a bus. The depot manager was a screaming black-box-be-full

Probably like pouring petrol on the fire but seriously paying £67 to fit a set of rear brake pads!  It's not even a 10 minute job.  Everything on this list is really easy and cheap to do yourself exce

Over servicing is a worldwide problem.  All manufacturers put in place service intervals far shorter than necessary.  Its a way of generating revenue and making the most of peoples general lack of und

Posted Images

Empty_Ten
1 hour ago, Scootabout said:

£90 ph is a high labour rate. But if he's super-quick I suppose the service price might work out no more than someone who charges less ph but is slower. 

100% agreed and that’s the way I look at it.  He’s done a few other bits for me and in one case, though it’d taken him longer than expected (through no fault of his own). He charged me the original price he quoted based on how long he thought it would take because it didn’t sit right with him to charge more.  

The main dealer where I got my first valve clearance service from charges £87.50 an hour labour.  In 2019 I had an annual service on the blade with them.  Nothing major, oil and filter change.  They charged me just shy of £250.  At that point I decided I had to go elsewhere, even if they were the closest workshop.