Another DCT stuck in gear

Huskyteer
Go to solution Solved by Huskyteer,

I have no choice. Clutch hand is screwed so it's DCT or nothing...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Huskyteer

• embee

• Mike5100

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got it back! Dobles replaced a broken sensor (inner main shaft sensor) which meant speed data wasn't getting to the DCT, so it couldn't change. The part was £140, but as usual the bulk of the cost was

Yeah, but that's what they said in 1922 when Harold Willis designed the positive stop foot change.. Every generation needs it's pioneers - I'm proud to be one with the DCT (You may remind me I said

I've. Just had a big old service on my integra 700. I mentioned the issue with the sticking gear to the service team. It seems that the integra has been the main culprit for this fault though it has o

Huskyteer

Dobles is awaiting delivery of a sensor. I hope this is the Definitive Broken Thing I was after. And that my days of going to work on the bus are numbered...

Ah, dealers and their sensors. Be it car or bike, if I had a penny for every time a problem was blamed on a faulty sensor...sheesh...:(

My mate had a BMW F800 which started stalling for no reason, sometimes on the move, sometimes as he rolled to a stop, sometimes as he tried to pull away - no pattern. The dealer blamed every sensor under the sun, replacing them one after another (luckily under warranty), before eventually moving on to replacing whole engine pieces - they never discovered the cause and never fixed it.

I had a car where the ABS light kept coming on - dealer blamed it on the sensor, replaced it - no difference. Only when they bothered to actually look at the car (and I found some info on a forum), did they find the cracked ABS disk :o

Had something similar this morning. On the way to work (-6 degrees when I set off, and -2 when I hit London) the bike started playing silly B8ggers. When I got to traffic lights it would cut out about the same time I put my feet down. The bike would restart and cut out at the next lights unless I held the front brake and revved it. Not sure whether it's a problem with the idle control valve, DCT box, fuelling, cold and damp - or something completely different. Interestingly, about 10 minutes before the problem started my Honda heated grips started cutting out. I know the battery has a full charge, and just to make sure I've filled the bike with fuel. It'll be interesting to see if I make it home....

Rocker66

Hope all goes well for the return trip

• Like 1

Had something similar this morning. On the way to work (-6 degrees when I set off, and -2 when I hit London) the bike started playing silly B8ggers. When I got to traffic lights it would cut out about the same time I put my feet down. The bike would restart and cut out at the next lights unless I held the front brake and revved it. Not sure whether it's a problem with the idle control valve, DCT box, fuelling, cold and damp - or something completely different. Interestingly, about 10 minutes before the problem started my Honda heated grips started cutting out. I know the battery has a full charge, and just to make sure I've filled the bike with fuel. It'll be interesting to see if I make it home....

IIs it stalling when in neutral? If so it does sound like idle speed control. No "check engine" warnings?

I don't know the details of how the NC idle speed control functions, but in some systems if you disconnect the ISC valve electrical connector and switch the ignition on, it will flag a fault. Then switch off and reconnect it. When you switch back on it "may" (depending on how it works) then do a reset in order that the ECU learns where the ISC valve is in its travel. As said, I don't know if the NC works like this, but if you continue to have issues you could try it (free!).

Return journey last night was uneventful. Murray, it was stalling in first. On restarting it wouldn't engage gear. Sometimes it showed neutral and other times I got no indication at all - just the horizontal line.

If it stalls in first but not in neutral it might be a clutch initiation issue, there is a procedure for it to "learn" the clutch bite when a new clutch or ECU is fitted. If you get more problems it sounds like a trip to the dealers. The bar certainly suggests a problem, as usual my first suspect is a poor connection somewhere especially if it is intermittent and random.

bikerbampi

It seems the Integra may be more prone to this problem than the others and maybe Embee is the pioneer who could sort it, keep at it mate!

my 750 integra has been trouble free apart from a new chain at 6000-ish, i had all the no change gear issues with the 700 and no go into gear but the battery discon always sorted it out. I feel for you guys cos nothing worse than these modern machines you can not mend at the side of the road...the odd thing is, the guy my dealer sold the 700 to has never had an issue with it..

• Solution
Huskyteer

Got it back! Dobles replaced a broken sensor (inner main shaft sensor) which meant speed data wasn't getting to the DCT, so it couldn't change. The part was £140, but as usual the bulk of the cost was the labour involved.

They did try to shake Honda down for all or part of the cost, saying the part shouldn't have failed even at 39,000 miles, but the bike's long out of warranty and Honda weren't biting.

The pain in my wallet is great, but the joy in my heart is greater. :heart:

• Like 6
Rocker66

I'm glad that you have got it sorted albeit at your expense. let's hope all goes well from here in

Thanks for the update Alice, useful stuff to know for future reference.

• Like 2
Huskyteer

Let's hope nobody else needs the information! Thanks for your support, everyone. Hopefully this is a definitive end to my problems and I can get back to enjoying my bike.

• Like 2
Guest Dreadmatt

i use manual quite alot on my 700x dct change up and down my self but on the motorway sport is fantastic some times my ignition sticks just after the lock thats a worrie for me ive only done 12.000 miles

Just had a look in the manual (page 12-79) and the part can be replaced without an engine strip down as it is accessible after removing the luggage box. Then a few connectors are removed, a bolt and then an o ring. That's it. Worth knowing I suppose.

Here is the part number for future reference (needs confirming first though)

37700-MGS-D31 Sensor Assy, Speed (maybe for 1 sensor or for all 3)

91356-MA6-005 O-RING, 14.8X2.4 (ARAI) (3 needed)

Looks like there are 3 speed sensors in the DCT model so maybe the part number above is for all 3.

I hope I (or anyone else) doesn't need to use this information and thank you Alice.

• Like 1

The o ring part number should be

91303-KF0-003 O-RING, 14.8X2.4 (ARAI) (3 needed)

Huskyteer

Thanks for that! Good to know, especially about the access through the top box area.

Edited by Huskyteer

Yesterday I had a scary moment :shocked:

Went to Tesco after work to do some shopping (yes, we can go shopping with our NCs :thumbsup: ). Bought everything I wanted.

Put bag into the frunk.

Put helmet and gloves on.

Sat on the bike.

Folded side stand.

Pressed starter and NOTHING :wacko:

Noticed blinking dash on the gear indicator and thought: beeeep I have a problem.

Switched ignition off and on - again nothing...

Switched ignition off and on - nothing again...

Then - allelujah - I noticed kill switch in the off position :dielaugh:

Switched it on and bike started normally. :rolleyes:

I never use a kill switch to stop the engine so it must have been somebody (kids ?) to switch it off...

• Like 1
Huskyteer

Oh phew! I never use the kill switch either, so it's easy to get caught out if it's been knocked, accidentally or on purpose...

• Like 1

Not at all surprised..........IT'S A TRIUMPH........!!!!!!!!!!!!

The language here is vulgar. TRIUMPH, next it will be HD. Where will this lead?

dandemann8

The language here is vulgar. TRIUMPH, next it will be HD. Where will this lead?

Lol...... :) :) :)