Another DCT stuck in gear

Huskyteer
Go to solution Solved by Huskyteer,

Finally mine it is fixed the same bolt item number 6 had sheared, Honda in Antibes admitted it was a rare but known fault. All the other work improved the ride and reduced the instances of the gear dropping out, their advice was to ride it in sport mode until they could take it in and that helped dramatically but the fault still occurred. The weird "pump cycle" noise when braking is associated with it so that has gone too and the ride is smoother less gear selection. A lot of frustration - but very happy now. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Huskyteer

• embee

• Mike5100

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got it back! Dobles replaced a broken sensor (inner main shaft sensor) which meant speed data wasn't getting to the DCT, so it couldn't change. The part was £140, but as usual the bulk of the cost was

Yeah, but that's what they said in 1922 when Harold Willis designed the positive stop foot change.. Every generation needs it's pioneers - I'm proud to be one with the DCT (You may remind me I said

I've. Just had a big old service on my integra 700. I mentioned the issue with the sticking gear to the service team. It seems that the integra has been the main culprit for this fault though it has o

• 1 month later...

So this problem happened to me for the first time yesterday on my nc 700 integra.
I use the bike everyday commuting through london and also do a fair number of longer trips. 
Twice On acceleration the gear indicator disappeared on the screen and replaced by a single horizontal line. 
Power reduced and sticks in a single gear. Unable to switch to s,d, or manual. Switching the ignition off and then on again seemed to resolve the issue. 
1. Is this mainly happening to integra's which seems strange.?
2. Does staying in s mode make a difference? 
3. Has the reset been a long term solution for anyone?

4. Has anyone had a long term fix?
5. Any other thoughts or suggestions. To resolve this issue or is it something I'm going to live with. 

Edited by ade
22 hours ago, ade said:

3. Has the reset been a long term solution for anyone?

4. Has anyone had a long term fix?
5. Any other thoughts or suggestions. To resolve this issue or is it something I'm going to live with. 

3. No.

4. Yes.

5. Take the Integra to garage or official dealer. They replace broken/damaged part in the gear box.

Guest ED MEHR

I’m having the same problem with my bike as well. The re occurrence became annoying when I had an oil change out of the agency. So I had the next oil change done by the local agent here in Abu Dhabi, but found no real improvement.

Does anyone have a remedy to this problem?

Guest ED MEHR
On Monday, September 01, 2014 at 17:25, Huskyteer said:

That's a good point - I try to change down before overtaking, but sometimes I get a bit overexcited and let the bike sort it out :) I've done 34,000 miles - not sure how many of the DCT NCs have got that far yet, so I may be a pioneer here!

I have done 41,000 km & have been having this problem off & on for the last ~20,000 km.

As discussed before, my guess is poor contacts somewhere. I had a problem with this on the connector block supplying the right side kill switch/start switches, I'm sure similar tarnished pins in the connector for the gear shift switches could cause such intermittent problems.

Try to get to as many of the connectors as you can, but especially the ones for the left and right side handlebar switch blocks which both have gear related switches. Take them apart, see if there is any sign of tarnishing, the pins should be bright and shiny (a couple on mine were very dull and tarnished looking). Use some contact cleaner and work the connectors in/out a few times to get good contact, gently scrape the pins with a small sharp tool if necessary. Apply suitable lube, dielectric grease, ACF50 or even Vaseline to avoid tarnishing in future.

If possible you  could do the other relevant connectors on the gearbox sensors, there are some under the cubby box on top of the gearbox, plus various ones down near the gearshift motor on the left side at the bottom of the engine, near the gearbox chain sprocket cover. You may need to remove the cover (different arrangement on the Integra/S/X).

Guest ED MEHR
On Monday, February 02, 2015 at 20:13, Huskyteer said:

Dobles is awaiting delivery of a sensor. I hope this is the Definitive Broken Thing I was after. And that my days of going to work on the bus are numbered...

I think the rear abs proximity sensor is the problem.

I think that as we change the rear tire it's wire gets stretched & breaks from the inside.

Guest ED MEHR
5 minutes ago, ED MEHR said:

I think the rear abs proximity sensor is the problem.

I think that as we change the rear tire it's wire gets stretched & breaks from the inside.

On my 15 minute ride to work today I had to stop twice to reset the computer.

This is getting bad.

I repositioned the rear ABS sensors wire to see if I notice an improvement in the reoccurrence of the glitch.

• 1 month later...
Guest ED MEHR

OK everyone, I've got the solution to the DCT stuck in gear problem, or the flashing dash in place of the gear indicator.

Anyone intrested to know what it is?

1 hour ago, ED MEHR said:

OK everyone, I've got the solution to the DCT stuck in gear problem, or the flashing dash in place of the gear indicator.

Buy a manual? :D

• Like 1
Guest machinman
2 hours ago, ED MEHR said:

Buy a new bike 🤡

I have gone blue holding my breath waiting for the answer😧😧

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Nick.Stoner

My NC700XD had those problems too. I've changed oil and filters few times in a year, thinking that it would be a problem with dirt in oil...

But at Warsaw Honda Plaza, they asked me at first if I changed sprocket wheels and chain due to run. Of course i've done that, 16000km ago....

So they Counted tooths in sprocket and there is first suspect: rear sprocket wheel  in DCT, should have 39 toothl insteat 43, as I have.

DCT ECU is going crazy

Today I'm going to change to proper sprocket.

Edited by Nick.Stoner
51 minutes ago, Nick.Stoner said:

My NC700XD had those problems too. I've changed oil and filters few times in a year, thinking that it would be a problem with dirt in oil...

But at Warsaw Honda Plaza, they asked me at first if I changed sprocket wheels and chain due to run. Of course i've done that, 16000km ago....

So they Counted tooths in sprocket and there is first suspect: rear sprocket wheel  in DCT, should have 39 toothl insteat 43, as I have.

DCT ECU is going crazy

Today I'm going to change to proper sprocket.

So you don't check first what the manual recommends as a replacement?

Guest Nick.Stoner

Not me. Service checked but didn't know that DID catalogue does not recognize between NC700 with DCT or Manual.

if You have Nc700X/S DCT then you must choose sprocket for Integra... Strange.. very strange.

Now I've learned.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nick.Stoner

Sprocket replaced, but errors still apears, but now randomly.

next suspect is front wheel ABS sensor, because now its completly broken. [and cannot change gears without it.

I've. Just had a big old service on my integra 700. I mentioned the issue with the sticking gear to the service team. It seems that the integra has been the main culprit for this fault though it has occurred on a few of the other nc bikes with dct. I wondered if it's because it is the heaviest of the nc range. Maybe this is one of the reasons the aluminium swing arm was put on the integra 750. No mention of a problem with the vfr's or Africa twin with dct. 

Anyway I took the plunge and agreed to have the work done on the gear box. I can't bring myself to say how much. It cost me an arm and a leg, but day 4 post work and 300 more miles on the clock it's like riding a new bike. It actually feels better than when I bought it second hand with 3500 on the clock 22,000 miles ago. So I'm all ready for my trip down to Lyon and the French alps, starting Saturday. 

It sounds like some of the parts have been upgraded. I'm sorry that my knowledge of the actual fault is a bit vague, I may have been stung but the

integra now works like a dream ( not the honda super dream of my youth!!!)   Actually It fealt much nicer the the new nc s I had on loan ( personal opinion). 

So these are the bits that were changed.

Pin shifter. 

Shifter drum

Centre shift drum

pAwl b ratchet

plate change guide

spindle comp, gearshift

spring, gearshift return

pawl a ratchet

i hope this means something to the engineers out there. It has definately done the job and I can vigorously accelerate again (in an integra sort of way) without the gear sticking and then having to reset by turning the ignition off and on again

Viva integra. 

Edited by ade
  • Like 4
Taipan
On 2017-4-15 at 09:44, ED MEHR said:

I am!!

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 15/04/2017 at 09:44, ED MEHR said:

I am interested.

• 6 months later...

Hi guys,

My nc700d integra is showing D and S at the same time and I can't switch between D and S or put in manual mode.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

Tonyj

Shift pin , see Murray’s post , good start.

embee

I had a very quick glance at the service manual but couldn't find the DS fault mentioned, it may well be in there somewhere, it's a fairtly big section.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for half an hour or so? Easy thing to try and you never know, "switch it off, switch it back on again".

I seem to recall it does a DS thing when you do the DCT clutch initialisation procedure, so that would be worth a try too, it might just prompt it to do something, and it's free.

Otherwise you could do with getting it into the diagnostic mode and see if there are any fault codes. 

You don't also have an ABS fault showing by any chance?

When was the shift pin done? That requires some things to be disconnected so worth checking the connectors. The clutch side cover comes off so all the sensors on that are unplugged, the oil pressure sensors, shift shaft position sensor etc, plus the shift motor is taken off on the other side so that gets unplugged too.

Edited by embee
  • Like 1

Thank you

Pin was changed just a week ago, I'm sure they didn't take shift motor off, all the plastics were on that side, there are fault codes but my garage can't clear them so I need to put everything back together and take it somewhere else in London.

Any suggestions where to?

I'm also missing metal footrest bracket maybe someone has one that I could buy?

The good thing I have a spear engine with all the sensors and injectors if anyone need, it has done 7000miles.