Another DCT stuck in gear

Huskyteer
Go to solution Solved by Huskyteer,

embee

The workshop manual instructs that the shift motor and reduction gear case are taken off because you need to remove the cross-shaft which transfers the shift motor action to the actual selector mechanism which moves the selector drum. You can't change the pin without removing the cross-shaft, and to replace it you have to engage it with the splines in the final quadrant in the reduction gear train (item 5). You can only do this with the motor/case removed. (I've done this job myself).

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda-motorcycle/700-SCOOTER/INTEGRA/2012/NC700DC/Engine/REDUCTION-CASE/60980/E_19/1/14190

Did your problems start immediately after the pin was changed? If so that might be a clue …………………………..

When something goes wrong,, always ask yourself "what was the last thing to be changed?"

Funnily enough I also have a spare engine with all the bits ……………………. just in case! :D

Edited by embee
  • Like 1
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Huskyteer

• embee

• Mike5100

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got it back! Dobles replaced a broken sensor (inner main shaft sensor) which meant speed data wasn't getting to the DCT, so it couldn't change. The part was £140, but as usual the bulk of the cost was

Yeah, but that's what they said in 1922 when Harold Willis designed the positive stop foot change.. Every generation needs it's pioneers - I'm proud to be one with the DCT (You may remind me I said

I've. Just had a big old service on my integra 700. I mentioned the issue with the sticking gear to the service team. It seems that the integra has been the main culprit for this fault though it has o

11 hours ago, embee said:

The workshop manual instructs that the shift motor and reduction gear case are taken off because you need to remove the cross-shaft which transfers the shift motor action to the actual selector mechanism which moves the selector drum. You can't change the pin without removing the cross-shaft, and to replace it you have to engage it with the splines in the final quadrant in the reduction gear train (item 5). You can only do this with the motor/case removed. (I've done this job myself).

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda-motorcycle/700-SCOOTER/INTEGRA/2012/NC700DC/Engine/REDUCTION-CASE/60980/E_19/1/14190

Did your problems start immediately after the pin was changed? If so that might be a clue …………………………..

When something goes wrong,, always ask yourself "what was the last thing to be changed?"

Funnily enough I also have a spare engine with all the bits ……………………. just in case! :D

HAHA,

They did change the pin on the other side, which is nr 6 on this diagram https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda-motorcycle/700-SCOOTER/INTEGRA/2012/NC700DC/Engine/GEARSHIFT-DRUM-SHIFT-FORK/60980/E_17/1/14190.

I bought it dismantle, so I don't know how it was.

• 4 years later...
On 2015/2/6 at PM5點50分, Huskyteer said:

拿回來了!Dobles 更換了損壞的傳感器(內部主軸傳感器),這意味著速度數據無法到達 DCT,因此無法更改。這部分是 140 英鎊,但像往常一樣,大部分成本是所涉及的勞動力。

他們確實試圖讓本田降低全部或部分成本,稱即使在 39,000 英里時該零件也不應該出現故障,但自行車早已超出保修期,本田並沒有咬人。

錢包裡的痛苦很大,心裡的快樂更大。:心:

Thanks for reference! 
Hi! i'm a Newbie from taiwan, and buy Integra(2012) in 2022.
and just happened stuck in Gear 4 on may.1.

i always wear recording camera on ride so i got video to share
after things happen, i start to find solution on google
so i come here , thanks for everyone share experience
cus this issue on my country usually got answer only will be: battery & DCT motor
and no more deep research or deep experience sharing

i do some DIY works, so i already replace new battery & Clean DCT motor in 2022,
so i can't find solution in my country

6vipdLy.png
g5sDlJv.jpg

so i try to find other possibility to fix issue.

thanks again!

I will try to clean Sensor connector pin & ECU connector pin in next big diy schedule

here is my stuck in gear and losing power experience video:

• Like 2