handbars end caps

Guest robson

Just noticed my left end cap of handbar is sticking out more then on the right,

is it as it should be or it got pulled out a little bit while I park it every day moving around in the garage?

I usually pull by that end. Can I hammer it back in or something?

Guest dentonlad

Errrr. Try using a screwdriver to see if tightens up first. If that doesn't work, whack it to your heart's content. It might not do anything but you will feel better.......

Guest bonekicker

Usually dentonlad gives the best advice better than anyone in the entire universe but in this case don't whack it to your hearts content, close the garage door and lock bike away for the night and rethink about it in the morning--- then whack it to your hearts content if nothing else comes to mind to rectify your handlebar problem :D

Derek_Mac

A rubber hammer might be advisable.   ;)

Edit: Or even, try loosening the screw, pushing it in (oh err) and tightening the screw again.

Edited by Derek_Mac

It's normal, do NOT whack it with a hammer. I noticed this with mine early on and investigated. If you pound on it with a hammer you could damage the retaining clips inside the bar. The left side will not go in any further because of these retaining clips.

I queried this when I picked up my new bike last weekend, its normal for the L/H to stick out more and rotate.

TT

is it like women? one (B) it sticks out more that the other? Best get some Renthals!!!!!!!!!!!!1

TheEnglishman

is it like women? one ( B) it sticks out more that the other?

I wonder who checked 'all' women?  What a job!

It's normal, do NOT whack it with a hammer. I noticed this with mine early on and investigated. If you pound on it with a hammer you could damage the retaining clips inside the bar. The left side will not go in any further because of these retaining clips.

thanks! I was about to take a swing already :)    indeed it  stick out more and rotate, weird nobody noticed that earlier instead told me to whack it...

I wonder who checked 'all' women?  What a job!

Best job in the world was the guy who used to spray sun tan oil on the ladies on the Gold Coast -reckon he new his female form!

dont whack them with a hammer though!

• 3 weeks later...
TheEnglishman

I have a selection of different coloured gaffer tape and a 4 pound lump hammer for such dichotomies.

And getting medieval with a 4 pound lump hammer is one of life's great guilty pleasures.

Although not necessarily on your bar ends.

YMMV