Cutting out problem

Crofty

I had removed the front sprocket cover to check the condition and after inspection I refitted it. There are a few wires that run past the cover and they fit in a slot in the cover. anyway all went back okay but after about a mile today when going for a run the bike cut out. nothing on the dash atall, no warning lights nothing. I thought perhaps I had inadvertently caught the kill switch or somehow put the sidestand down while moving but they were all fine. Anyway I was about to get the bike recovered as it is still under warrenty but thought I would try it, all the lights came up and it started first time.

I went home and wondered if perhaps I had trapped and cut a wire to the sidestand switch or something else but when I pulled the cover off it looked fine.

I refitted it again and took the bike for about 20 miles to see if it would cut out again but it was fine.

It could be a complete coincidence but I am always suspicious when I have done some work on the bike that I may have disturbed something. Has anyone had a similar experience or has any advice what to check.

Called the bike shop but they said intermittent problems cannot be checked so I will have to run it till it happens again.

any help/advice appreciated  

Edited by Crofty