Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agothaclypse

LED Headlight bulb.

Guest Splaxsher

I too have had a try - the Cyclops H4 led headlamp replacement. Rode with it for a few weeks to assess the performance. Just recently removed it and gone back to a Bosch pure light bulb.

Verdict? Very powerful, lots of strong white light on low beam setting but I became worried about the glare affecting other road users. The way the led can illuminate road signs 10 to 15ft in the air like the Gibb brothers teeth under UV at a 70's disco really began to bother me.

I then read a report from one of our American brethren on the other site that told of the problem this beam scatter had when he was going home one dark night through a rainstorm. The led acted like a high beam in fog causing a sort of white out effect he found to be too dangerous.

There doesn't seem to be an easy answer to headlamp upgrading - all bulbs need to work with the reflectors to be safe and useful.

Perhaps I'll just buy a new Crossrunner instead....

hi, thanks for your feedback.

what about installing that Cyclops H4 led headlamp? how was the replacement because of the fan? did you had to cut anything or is just plug and play, i mean, take off the halogen bulb and plug the cyclops and thats ready to ride? thanks

jonty03

The actual installation of the bulb is fine - a bit fiddly getting the wire spring clip back around the body of the fan but it does go eventually. It really is plug & play..

I bought myself a replacement rubber seal (Chinese, from the well known auction site, cost me about £3 or so) that I could cut into with a craft knife, so that the fan would seat outside the seal. When I went back to the Bosch bulb I simply reinstated the original.

• Like 1

Guest Splaxsher

The actual installation of the bulb is fine - a bit fiddly getting the wire spring clip back around the body of the fan but it does go eventually. It really is plug & play..

I bought myself a replacement rubber seal (Chinese, from the well known auction site, cost me about £3 or so) that I could cut into with a craft knife, so that the fan would seat outside the seal. When I went back to the Bosch bulb I simply reinstated the original.

First of all thanks one more time for sharing your knowledge about this.

so, the only thing that must be done more than the plug and play is to cut the rubber seal in order the fan can seat outside do "breath" ?

Do you know if the fan is water proof ? 

Thanks again

jonty03

Just for those of you who lay awake at night worrying about the waterproofness of these LED units..take a quick look at this vid:

prr

I was considering such change but the bulb can't fit in NC750X :( The space between the back of the bulb and the steering is too small and there's no enough space to fit such bulb. So I will stick to the X-treme vision which are just fine for me.

... but I couldn't and I bought LED. Mixed feelings. More info HERE.