switch Assembly (Winker)

steelhorseuk

steelhorseuk

Today I fitted a new horn to upgrade the Honda unit, something I wanted to do for a while to a lower tone but louder unit.

Great, no problem!

Then I find out the actual horn switch is broken! (The switch does not return)  

This means a new/used if I can find one, switch assembly!!!

Nice one Mr Honda, more money coming to you!

--Mark--

Derek_Mac

Part number is: 35200-MGS-D11

You deffo aren't going to like the price though. :(

£146'ish

Edit: There's one on Fleabay that'll save you 100 notes, just search for Honda NC 700 switchgear.

Edited by Derek_Mac
steelhorseuk

Part number is: 35200-MGS-D11

You deffo aren't going to like the price though. :(

£146'ish

Edit: There's one on Fleabay that'll save you 100 notes, just search for Honda NC 700 switchgear.

Cheers for that Derek. I figured it would not be cheap!

--Mark--

Today I fitted a new horn to upgrade the Honda unit, something I wanted to do for a while to a lower tone but louder unit.

Great, no problem!

Then I find out the actual horn switch is broken! (The switch does not return)  

This means a new/used if I can find one, switch assembly!!!

Nice one Mr Honda, more money coming to you!

--Mark--

what horn did you fit smuger

steelhorseuk

what horn did you fit smugger

Hi DB1965, I fitted a Ring Low-Tone 12volt High Performance Horn which I purchased from Halfords for around £15.00. (do a search on the Halfords site for details)

You have to slightly adjust the fit angle but it takes no more than 15 minutes to change it over. Packs a more commanding punch than the stock Honda siren.

Why not take the broken switch to bits.  See if you can fix it.

Hi Robin, Yes, that's my plan before I purchase a replacement.

I just asked my dealer for the lead-time and price of a new part too as I get a nice discount but I cannot see them beating the price of the one Derek_Mac found on that auction site.

--Mark--   

• Like 2

Hi DB1965, I fitted a Ring Low-Tone 12volt High Performance Horn which I purchased from Halfords for around £15.00. (do a search on the Halfords site for details)

You have to slightly adjust the fit angle but it takes no more than 15 minutes to change it over. Packs a more commanding punch than the stock Honda siren.

Hi Robin, Yes, that's my plan before I purchase a replacement.

I just asked my dealer for the lead-time and price of a new part too as I get a nice discount but I cannot see them beating the price of the one Derek_Mac found on that auction site.

--Mark--   

Thanks Mark

• 8 months later...
steelhorseuk

Finally got around to stripping this switch assembly!!!

A bit fiddly but eventually I managed to get to the spring behind the switch to find it broken!

Superglue to the rescue. I cant fork out £100 for a replacement right now...See how long the superglue holds it in place!

-Mark-

ddazzler64

clever bugger

I fitted a Ring Low-Tone 12volt High Performance Horn which I purchased from Halfords for around £15.00. (do a search on the Halfords site for details)

just swap it over? No relay or anything scary ?

I had the same one in my CBF. I think I picked it up for under a tenner in that auction site. No relay etc just a straight swap.

steelhorseuk

clever bugger

just swap it over? No relay or anything scary ?

Yeah, this replacement is a direct swap (beware, other replacements are not always that simple and may require relays):

-Mark-

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...