Second speedo

Guest Lenp

Gt of Plymouth gave me call to say they will change the speedo that was a few months ago now with 300 miles on the speedo , rang to book nc 750x for twelve months service due end of the November with only 4000 miles total,good price £95 including vat, the surprise was ,Honda are recalling the speedo to be changed again,I had the wrong one fitted,(not GT fault) I am the second bike to be done in Plymouth, I bet more to come..Ride Safe....

Guest scrumpymike

Len, just out of interest, was the first change as a result of you complaining, and have you since noticed that your second one has not been working properly?

To be honest,I never really got around to checking it,but GT Motorcycles said it would soon start playing up sooner or later,so Honda must done their homework work to get it right.To answer your question yes it was my complaining ,because every time I went out ,it kept playing up,really drove me mad when my wife and I had a trip around France for our hols, still not sure how many miles we did the trip meter a/b was all over place ..Ride Safe..

Guest scrumpymike

Cheers Len, must agree it's a real pain - not delighted at the prospect of having a clock that doesn't display real total mileage though. Safe riding to you too.

Mike5100

I think this backs up what a few of us were saying a few months ago.  There was no point in getting cross and demanding new clocks before Honda had sorted the problem.  I guess it's pot luck then whether you got a good new clock or another faulty one

Mike

dandemann8

I was assured yesterday whilst having my new clock fitted the issue is 100% fixed but whatever the fix was Honda arn't telling us.

Guest Southerner

Because I've never experienced any problems whatsoever with my panel, what was/is the issue - just the trip meter resetting or did it affect other functions?

I'm in the "leave well alone camp" right now but wondering what the implications would be if I declined the Honda's recall. Ideally I'd like Honda to allow me to get it changed sometime in the future if there's ever a problem with it. 

Like others here, I'm not keen on having the incorrect total mileage showing, even if it is documented by Honda.

I was assured yesterday whilst having my new clock fitted the issue is 100% fixed but whatever the fix was Honda arn't telling us.

It is a software fault. That's what my dealer has told me and they have over 100 bikes to repair!

Guest NCXrookie

Has there been a recall on the 700 over this ?  I have had no notification.  No issues so far.  I do not play with it.  I do not even change the clock - looks a bit complicated.    It is still showing BST!

Mike5100

I don't think the 700 has any problems with the Trip.  They made the 750 a more sophisticated system which shows mpg and fuel used etc, but seems like they left some bug in the software embedded in the clocks.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Took mine in for some hand guards and they changed the clocks at the same time - said it was corrupt software but I think that means the hard wired software was duff.

Taking mine to gts next sat for my second replacement although the first one has had no problems, still going to get anew one. Just to clarify this wll be the third one on the bike which included the original.

MikeBike

If it's just a software/firmware fault, I wonder what they do with all the swapped units if the hardware is OK - scrap them or update the firmware / recon them to use for the replacements?

Mike5100

I asked my dealer if I could have the old one and he said they had to hold on to it for a month then physically destroy it .... go figure

Mike