NC700X DCT Vibration

Guest guldfingarz1

Guest guldfingarz1

Hi guys great site and new to the forum having just purchased a nc700x. I have a 2014 model with only 4k miles and have noticed that there is a heavy deep vibration when in higher gears at low revs, when i power through it it clears but returns when the speed or revs drop, seems to be more noticeable in 3456 especially 5 & 6 and less noticeable when in S mode.. revs in no gear fine with no vibration and was wondering whether this is a characteristic of the auto box.. I love the bike and just purchased a give rear box to start off the mods, but the vibration is driving me crazy and tend to keep the revs higher to avoid..Any other DCT owners have the same issue..Any views appreciated..thanks

Tonyj

Sorry mate , not much use this reply in the sense that mine doesn't vibe like that . In as much I have noticed and have done 11k

Guest Blackbird

I have the Integra 700. l noticed the same thing although it did not bother me. That said, the vibrations largely disappeared when I fitted an Arrow header pipe (this removes the catalytic converter).

trisaki

Probably too high a gear at too low a rev , on my manual 700 I don't use top gear until about 55/60 mph

bazza

I think its the basic design - so the engine doesn't stall at low revs it will keep thumping away. I hardly ever use "Docile" mode as it sends me to sleep - perhaps that's why the vibs are there, to keep you awake!

Rev it more, use the S mode and still get 60 mpg+

bazza

(750 version)

trisaki

Also check chain tension ,might be too tight

Guest mrgrumpy2

that is a characteristic of a parallel twin engine with a 270 degree crank when labouring the engine, too low revs.

the S mode keeps the revs higher and you feel the bike is smoother. 

gear 6 should be smooth from about 45mph

Mike5100

Some of the 700 dct bikes produced an annoying rhythmic vibration.  Do a search of earlier threads.  I don't think there was any cure although I vaguely remember one guy spotting that the hole in the centre of the rear sprocket wasn't actually in the centre, and a new rear sprocket cured it for him.

Neither of my 700/750 bikes have displayed this problem, but when I borrowed the shop demonstrator 700 I noticed it straightaway and it would have driven me mad.

My 700 was a smoother bike than my 750 which has a constant but mild vibration at 3000rpm

Mike

MikeBike

THere is a review on Youtube from Cager on Two Wheels (see below) of the NC750X from a NC700X owner and he talks about the vibration issues on the 700 and it being better on the 750...

Edited by MikeBike
stordz

As others have already said it seems to be a characteristic of the engine, I took my manual 750X out for a long spin last week and really noticed the vibs after an hour or so especially through the handlebars.....  

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zoeff50

Have my NC700X-DCT 3 years now and try to keep the rev's above 2500 rpm. Around 2000 rpm the engine does not run very smooth, expecially when you turn the throttle open. No vibrations, the mirrors are rock solid, but you feel the engine working at low rev's. In D mode I feel the rev's are too low. When you carefully open the throtlle in D mode, the DCT selects next gear already at 2500 rpm, when you close the throttle the DCT switches down the gears at 1500 rpm; the engine does not brake in D mode. However when you quickly open the throttle the DCT switches up around 3000 rpm or higher (all in D mode). I manually switch down the gears (in D mode). Down town i use the S mode or switch manually. Out in the country side I use D mode; Holland is flat. When driving in Germany in the Eifel or Sauerland with elevations up to 600m I always drive in S mode or manually; never never in D mode.