Warped disc - at how many miles??

Guest Rogerac1

Guest Rogerac1

Ah well.

600 mile service yesterday at Doble.

Have a look at the head bearings I said - there's a low speed judder from the front brake. Doesn't feel like a warped disc - and at 570 miles it can't be can it...!!??

It's a warped disc they said - unusual that it was a judder rather than a slow pulsing feeling.

Warranty job of course but they have to get the parts in - hard to believe they don't carry discs for the NC in stock.

BTW - Cost for the service was £101.

Roger was that a special deal in your first service as I am in at Dobles for mine on Friday morning and would be happy at £101.00. Mind you mine is Integra so I guess DCT is more expensive.

Edited by pjm
Guest Rogerac1

Not sure about a special deal - they quoted me 130 on the email and I had that Doble voucher that gives you £10 off the first service, £20 off the second and so on. The voucher comes when you buy bikes from them.

Not sure why it ended up at £101 though!!

Hi ya gents just haggled £5900 for a replacement for the 750xa that has been written off, part of the deal was a free first service it was at dobles   :thumbsup:

Hi ya gents just haggled £5900 for a replacement for the 750xa that has been written off, part of the deal was a free first service it was at dobles   :thumbsup:

Good negotiating , now if we could just get you over to the Middle East :0)

sandalfarm

some times this warped disc thing is that the disc is supposed to be "floating" and it isn't, those big sort of rivets that hold the disc to the carrier should be able to be turned with a nut and bolt through them, if they get gummed up the disc can be lopsided and you get the pulsing feeling at low speed through the brake lever