Cost of 1 year 8000 mile service

Paul2129

Hi guys, what's the likely cost of the first 1 year / 8000 mile service, using a Honda main dealer ?

Many Thanks

Guest dentonlad

Oop north, with labour at about £50 per hour, it's a 750, so no valve check. It's check and adjust, oil, oil filter and air filter. Expect a bill for about £150/160 ish.....

Thank you very much. I'll make a few phone calls tomorrow, the "should be less than £300" sounds like it's going to end up a bit steep, I'm short of spare cash right now, so (without mentioning names) I'll try to firm up the price, and failing a reasonable outcome, probably have to find another dealer

fred_jb

Oop north, with labour at about £50 per hour, it's a 750, so no valve check. It's check and adjust, oil, oil filter and air filter. Expect a bill for about £150/160 ish.....

Don't think it even includes an air filter at 8k, according to my owners manual that is replaced at 16k, so that's £150 for basically an oil and filter change.

Need to arrange mine soon, though it pains me to have to pay this just to keep my warranty going.

Fred

Guest dentonlad

Thank you very much. I'll make a few phone calls tomorrow, the "should be less than £300" sounds like it's going to end up a bit steep, I'm short of spare cash right now, so (without mentioning names) I'll try to firm up the price, and failing a reasonable outcome, probably have to find another dealer

Bit of a trip for you down the 55, 6, 61, 60 and A627M, but give Rochdale Honda a call. They quoted about £160 to a fellow member for an 8000 service. Good chaps and thoroughly recommended. I've just bought my fifth bike off them, they've never messed me about and have always done a good job. As I've said before tell them I've recommended them and they'll add 10% to the bill....☺☺☺

Guest dentonlad

You are, as ever, right. No air filter change at 8000. I did have the K&N on mine re-oiled.

Don't think it even includes an air filter at 8k, according to my owners manual that is replaced at 16k, so that's £150 for basically an oil and filter change.

Need to arrange mine soon, though it pains me to have to pay this just to keep my warranty going.

Fred

Guest bonekicker

Paul I must say--the prices all varie--different parts of the country--different dealers--Blackpool Honda have usually been pretty reasonable--its best to call in--go upstairs and ask the lads--for either---Friends and Family Discount--or --Of An Age ---Discount---or just What Sensible Price can you service my bike for --I'm strapped for cash-- I got mine done for £85 ---I told them I would do all the Little bits---like oiling cables etc--because I do them anyway---All you need really is oil and filter changing and service book stamping-- just a note--Manchester Honda charge extra for disposing of oil and filter--they charge £7  :baby:

Edited by bonekicker

My local dealer is one of the expensive ones (Crescent) but they quoted a fixed £139 for the 750 as it doesn't need any expensive bits done at 8000.

Guest martin1964

had mine done just a week ago and Belfast Honda charged me £129 and was to also remove brakes and clean same. They have a large wall board with the prices displayed and then you pick your option from it , could have had the £99 service but that leaves the brakes out so I thought what the hell might as well be safe.

Guest bonekicker

Having Options is a good idea--but they will still do the oil and filter change just to stamp your warranty book--and as we know doing the oil and filter is easy peasy  :baby:

Rev Ken

You don't need to use a Honda dealership to maintain your guarantee, so long as genuine parts are used and the mechanic/garage you use is registered for VAT. You can even do it yourself, but you could be challenged.

• Like 1

I checked with my Honda dealer when I said for cost reasons I would service it myself and they said no problem at all as long as I was aware say at an engine failure ,upon their inspection, nothing untoward ie wrong oil ,there would be no problem whatsoever . Where does this myth of non dealer servicing and voiding warranty come from ?  I even think there's an eu law making that illegal......... Also confirmed that I could use any brake pad ,filters etc as long as they were not the cause of the warranty issue . Most warranty issues seem entirely cosmetic or faulty original parts ,

I await to be told otherwise . Anyway I'm on near year 4 (well by jan) and 45000 trouble free self service miles  yay! (and I don't bother with recovery policies )(and I tempt fate daily and go abroad at least twice a year for tours and work)

Most garages would grab your bike for warranty work in my experience as its work for them.  My out of warranty cbf 125 ,self serviced suffered suddenly from the fuel pump kangaroo problem and upon riding into a Honda garage ,it was promptly taken from me and the fuel pump replaced free of charge. That's good Honda service !

• Like 1
coopers12345

I checked with my Honda dealer when I said for cost reasons I would service it myself and they said no problem at all as long as I was aware say at an engine failure ,upon their inspection, nothing untoward ie wrong oil ,there would be no problem whatsoever . Where does this myth of non dealer servicing and voiding warranty come from ?  I even think there's an eu law making that illegal......... Also confirmed that I could use any brake pad ,filters etc as long as they were not the cause of the warranty issue . Most warranty issues seem entirely cosmetic or faulty original parts ,

I await to be told otherwise . Anyway I'm on near year 4 (well by jan) and 45000 trouble free self service miles  yay! (and I don't bother with recovery policies )(and I tempt fate daily and go abroad at least twice a year for tours and work)

Most garages would grab your bike for warranty work in my experience as its work for them.  My out of warranty cbf 125 ,self serviced suffered suddenly from the fuel pump kangaroo problem and upon riding into a Honda garage ,it was promptly taken from me and the fuel pump replaced free of charge. That's good Honda service !

EU law is that as long as OEM grade parts are used then the manufacturer can't refuse the warranty because it haven't been done at a franchised dealership. It's the fact that some dealerships are either blissfully unaware of this or(cynical, I know) choose to deliberately omit this when talking to customers that really annoys me.

As long as the vehicle has been correctly maintained and they can't put the failure down to something that you've done incorrectly then the warranty's intact and they can't refuse to honour it.

I had my first two services done at Honda because they were a reasonable price and will probably have the next one done there depending on the cost, after that I'll probably do my own. Same with my car, I've got one more service left on my service plan and then I'll service it myself. I do brakes etc. on both myself as I actually find it relaxing and it's so easy to do that I can't believe what dealer's charge for it(£330 for front brakes on my car vs £140ish for parts!).

• Like 1

Just coming up to my 24,000 mile service which I believe is the same as the 8000 mile service so shouldn't be too expensive, will let you know how much when its done. Incidentally I have had all the servicing schedules done and 4,000 mile oil and filter changes on the bike and it really is running as good as new and still looks good and that's only owning it after 18 months.

I think the only things that need to be replaced at the first annual service is the oil and filter, the rest is inspection and adjustment.

This is definitely not beyond the skiil on a DIYer and you'd probably put the right amount of oil in - something my local Honda dealer seems incapable of doing!

If you are re

EU law is that as long as OEM grade parts are used then the manufacturer can't refuse the warranty because it haven't been done at a franchised dealership. It's the fact that some dealerships are either blissfully unaware of this or(cynical, I know) choose to deliberately omit this when talking to customers that really annoys me.

As long as the vehicle has been correctly maintained and they can't put the failure down to something that you've done incorrectly then the warranty's intact and they can't refuse to honour it.

I had my first two services done at Honda because they were a reasonable price and will probably have the next one done there depending on the cost, after that I'll probably do my own. Same with my car, I've got one more service left on my service plan and then I'll service it myself. I do brakes etc. on both myself as I actually find it relaxing and it's so easy to do that I can't believe what dealer's charge for it(£330 for front brakes on my car vs £140ish for parts!).

If you are referring to the EU block exemption agreement on ability to service motor vehicles outside of the dealer network without affecting warranty, there are specific exclusions within the policy that excludes Motorcycles from the agreement - So i would not rely on this EU act, as the contract outlined in the warranty document is what counts with regards the 'Honda warranty'. This 'Honda warranty' is of course in addition to the various consumer laws in both Europe and UK (which has some differences to main Europe) in relation to the supplying agent who you purchased the bike from who have other obligations.

Guest sykospain

Endorsing Denton Lad's recommendation of the Rochdale dealer, what here we call "buena gente", who said there'd be no problem having my now-living-in-Spain UK NC750S-DCT serviced at a 'competent motorcycle mechanic's garage' and the book stamped.

My nearest official Honda bikes' dealer is 'Autoferro' in Murcia, 130 Km away up the E5, the longest motorway in Europe, which now runs almost un-interrupted from Calais to Cádiz.

Autoferro%20logo_zps7cz26v46.jpg

Interested in your comment Keith that 'cos it's a 750, there's no tappets adjustment at the 8K miles / 13K Kms service.  Why not ?

Guest dentonlad

Interested in your comment Keith that 'cos it's a 750, there's no tappets adjustment at the 8K miles / 13K Kms service.  Why not ?

Alan,

It seems that Honda decided that the 750's did not need the valves checking every 8,000 miles and that they should be done every 16,000 instead. My 700X was checked at 8K and one inlet valve was slightly out.

Guest Eddie19

Kent Motorcycles did the first annual service on my October 2014 750X last week at 1857 miles. It cost £144-99. Oil filter and oil changed, brake strip and clean and a "Honda Health Check". One and a half hours labour. They also told me that my rear tyre was worn very low. I measured it and it has 1.6 mm of tread. Cue snotty letter to Honda UK last Friday. I await their reply, but not with bated breath.

Guest John_Minus_600

Hi guys, what's the likely cost of the first 1 year / 8000 mile service, using a Honda main dealer ?

I'm booked in next week at £130.

Would just do the service myself, actually I'd prefer to, but I seem to have developed an irrational fear of not having a full service history... I'm sure I'm not alone on that one  :bye:

Probably best to have a full service history if you are planning on selling the bike at some point , if not then I wouldn't see a problem?

24000 mile service £133 oil and filter change and a Honda health check !! Interesting to see what a 100000 mile service would be? And if the bike is still fit for purpose

Guest goldfish

When I traded in my last Honda for the NC, I got a reasonable trade-in price only because I had a fully (Honda) stamped service book. The bike had over 36k on the clock which puts most dealers off. They checked the book (but never even looked at the bike) and upped their offer by many 100's of pounds. So, in effect, the trade-in paid for those Honda service stamps. But I doubt private buyers would be quite so fussy.

fred_jb

While having the starter solenoid inspected there, I got one local dealer down from his opening offer of £190 to £150, but still think that is expensive for what they do.   Not due until November so will shop around some more.

Fred