Front brake lever adjuster

suffolk58

suffolk58

I've never used the six way adjuster on my 750X in the (almost) two years I've had it.

It's always been on number 1. This has been fine for me, as I have fairly big hands.

However, my new winter gloves are a bit bulky, so I thought I'd adjust the lever in a bit.

After half an hour of struggle, I've managed to move it on to number 2. (And my thumb aches).

Do you think it's corrosion at work, or have I missed a technique here?

(Or maybe it's because I'm a 14 stone weakling).

Guest bonekicker

Martin get the WD40 out--the standard material is vulnerable to seizing up---a lot of members have fitted aftermarket ones--which not only don't corrode but adjust better  :baby:

To adjust, you push the lever forward (opposite way to breaking) a bit and that allows the adjustment dial to move easily.

• Like 4

To adjust, you push the lever forward (opposite way to breaking) a bit and that allows the adjustment dial to move easily.

+1For this trying to adjust it without doing this will be extremely difficult if not impossible without damaging it

Guest bonekicker

20 pound lump hammer --with long handle--swing it over your shoulder ready to strike the offending--none co operating lever--and just threaten it-- it will adjust much easier now  :baby: