Error codes?

noj

Is there any where that shows the error code numbers on the net for the 750DCT?

Had mine in this afternoon and they found these.

86-1

37-1

67-1

I took in in because Ive had the orange engine warning light coming on for no apparent reason although the bike never went into limp mode.

Cheers.

ChrisCB

I've had 86-1 it's comms error and power to cluster (dash)

Derek_Mac

Sorry for the formatting, but this is a cut and paste from a service manual for the NC700 DCT

37-1
Ignition hold relay malfunction
• PCM (DCT drive circuit) sub power input line
malfunction
• Blown SUB PVB fuse (7.5 A)
• Ignition hold relay in the PCM malfunction
• Faulty PCM
• Gearshift function does
not work (while driving)
• Engine does not
operate 12-30 12-68

61-1
No.1 clutch oil pressure malfunction (at clutch initial
diagnosis)
• No.1 clutch EOP sensor malfunction
• Faulty clutch oil circuit
• Faulty PCM
• Gearshift function does
not work

I can't find a specific error code 86-1 in the NC700 service manual, references to it say something about bad serial communication with the combination meter (dashboard).

Derek_Mac

Iv'e been in limp mode for years--But I hope you get yours fixed. :baby:

Try those diamond shaped purple pills, they worked for me!  :shifty:

Thanks Derek, its 67-1 not 61-1 but thanks for your input.

Strangely though, the bike has been and is running sweet as a nut, no problems, no limp mode, (unlike Boney)  So why they have found these faults when there is nothing wrong with the bike is beyond me. 

Derek_Mac

Thanks Derek, its 67-1 not 61-1 but thanks for your input.

Strangely though, the bike has been and is running sweet as a nut, no problems, no limp mode, (unlike Boney)  So why they have found these faults when there is nothing wrong with the bike is beyond me. 

Reading never was my strong point. :(

• Like 1

So why they have found these faults when there is nothing wrong with the bike is beyond me. 

Faults are stored until cleared, they could have occurred any time since last cleared.

• Like 1

Faults are stored until cleared, they could have occurred any time since last cleared.

Dave

Beat me to it +1 on this these could easily have been old faults that have been stored.

I am totally with you guys on this...............maybe im looking for faults that didnt affect my bike from new, its always rode great in my eyes.  it just makes you wonder where they came from. The first time that the engine light came on was after the replacement of the starter thingy as I posted in another thread and has happend since on five more occasions since, the last time was a ride the club im in had a full days ride last sunday, four times the light came on during an aproxx ride of 150 miles.

Im just gona keep my eyes on it and hopefully it wont happen again.

By the way, this check cost me nothing, it was part of the warranty cover, so if yours does the same get it back to the dealer and gerit checked out.   

If it first happened after they changed the relay, it's going to be something the workshop did. First things first, check the tightness of the battery connections, they will have disconnected it (or at least should have if they know what they're doing, which is kind of assuming a lot really).

Did you have the instrument pack changed under recall too? If so that could explain the dash comms fault 86-1 if they haven't or hadn't latched the connectors properly.

Cheers embee, I do think that you are probably correct that the codes might have been caused when they did the starter relay. The instrument pack hasn't been changed.

Guest goldfish

Interesting to note I had a similar experience to this on a car. Engine light on, runs perfectly and odd fault codes. Happened lots of times always with a different code. Garaged checked, found nothing major, cleared codes only for it to happen again days or weeks later. Figured out eventually it was a block connector not fully pushed home. I suspected vibration was enough to cause a momentary bad connection. Moral is, check absolutely every connection first.

Joeyjoejnr

Guys where is the code reading/ diagnosis equipment connection located on the nc750x? I might need someone to access this tomorrow. Is it where the battery and fuse box are located?

• 2 weeks later...

Where can I find what the codes mean.  Mine is doing 9 long flashes, then 6 short.  Otherwise running fine.

In the big workshop manual, pages 4-15 on.

I can't see 9-6 but the fault code 9-X refers to the Intake Air Temperature sensor, IAT. First thing is to check the connector. Unlatch the connector, inspect for any signs of corrosion or tarnishing of pins, clean and lube with Vaseline or dielectric grease and refit firmly. If any signs of tarnishing of contacts, push together and release several times to wipe the pins.

The IAT sensor is in the top of the air filter housing with a black 2-pin plug.

Edited by embee

Thanks again. I think i must have given you the wrong code. It was 86. Which Ian on here also had a while back. It was a loose connection to the battery.

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, SRFHOUSE said:

I am getting an 85 engine code. does anyone know what that is? Bike is running perfectly in every respect. 11k mi.

There is no 85 code. 84 is CPU in the PCM malfunction and 86 is serial communication malfunction.

My wife has a rubbish car in so much as it pings, bleeps and flashes at me whenever I drive it which thankfully is not often. But when my wife drives it nothing goes wrong, the car hates me and shows it.

But if you turn the ignition key on and off five times without starting it but enough to illuminate the console it will then flash up the error codes which you can then look up on the internet and thus fix the problem. Then to wipe the error code memory once the car is fixed you disconnect the battery over night. Reconnect the following day and the only error code stored is battery connection fault.  This foible was found by another owner in the USA and posted on to the cars owners forum. It has been very handy saving me a fortune in dealership visits. I don't know if the NC range has such a function but it would be handy if it has.