Cutting out

Guest Hants73

Guest Hants73

On the way home tonight traffic more heavy than normal a lot of stop starting. Almost home with no warning the bike stutters then cuts out !!! Restarts OK a little further on about 1/2 mile cuts out and won't restart. Left it about five minutes restarts and runs ok the rest of the way home . There was no warning lights like the orange engine management light just cut out . Has this happened to anyone else as I'm a bit confused .

Tricky to diagnose.

You hadn't by any chance just refuelled? Vapour locking with fresh winter fuel (more volatile than summer fuel) can happen, and it's typically most prone about 15mins after refuelling as it warms up. Leaving it for a few minutes often allows restarting, and once it's been warmed through thoroughly it's usually OK again the next time you use it.

Other possible things which spring to mind are loose battery terminals and arcing plug leads/caps (someone had this problem, there's a thread somewhere),

Guest Hants73

Not refuelled yet but by chance the reserve just clicked on before it happened .but will check the battery in the morning though just to be sure

Edited by Hants73

Has it been for the electrical recall check yet?

Guest Hants73

Went in two weeks ago for the starter relay and they done a ecu reset been fine since then. Just wondering if it's the rain and very slow traffic . Was thinking was maybe a cut out if the bike senses it's getting to hot ? Or maybe I'm just clutching at straws lol

It's just that my dealer tells me that one of the symptoms of the faulty part/recall is stuttering and cutting out......