Possible side stand switch fault

Ralph

I have had difficulty starting My NC750X over the last 2 days. It cranks but doesn't fire when on side stand. I pulled clutch lever in this morning and it fired straight away. I suspect the side stand switch is faulty. Anyone else seen this phenomenon? 

I'm taking it to dealer on Tues 10th for them to look at. I'll post anything that may be of use to the NC community.

Just to check yourself have you tried putting the side stand down whilst it is running and in N to see if it cuts out then ?? Just a thought.

Guest bonekicker

The side stand switch as been a issue before--if you stop and still in gear--putting stand down switches engine off--and your cannot start engine until put in N-- please let us know how you get on. 

Slowboy

Mine start fine with the stand down if it's in neutral, but won't start if it's in gear with the stand down unless you pull the clutch in. This is normal for most bikes unless they are very old or they are set up only ever to start with the clutch in. My 1985 Kwaker is just the same as my NC (manual).

Hope that helps

Will do some testing tomorrow but it seems as if the bike 'thinks' it's in gear when the stand is down hence having to pull the clutch in. All good points made so far though :)