The first warranty claim on an NC700XA?

edgey999

edgey999

Hi

Here is the story

I was washing my NC on Friday and noticed that some of the paint on the swinging arm had flaked away. It is in the area behind the wheel close to the rear shock. In all fairness it looked like a stone had hit the swinging arm and then the paint had come away. It was about the size of a 5 pence piece and had begun to rust as it was down to bare metal. I cleaned it up and decided to contact my supplying dealer to see if it is a warranty issue or not.

I took it to the dealer on Saturday who took photo's of the area and told me he would e mail them to Honda and await their decision. Neither he or I were particularly confident that it was anything more than stone chip damage and probably not covered by the warranty.

He rang me today to say a brand new swinging arm had arrived at the dealership, no questions asked, no complaint and no issue raised at all. He was quite surprised and we both hypothesised that the reputation of the NC is obviously extremely important to Honda and they will do what needs to be done to protect it, including giving me a new swinging arm no questions asked.

Needless to say I am extrmeley impressed with the service I have recieved from both the dealer and Honda. Since we are all quick to share bad news I thought I would be nice to spread some good news about too.

It is being fitted on Tuesday and I have a loan bike (it could be a 50cc scooter yet :-0 )

Edited by edgey999
Guest scrumpymike

That's interesting... but I think as has already been suggested that Honda have a lot riding on the NC700 (if you'll excuse the pun) - or at least they will have when they deliver more bikes! I for one am certainly expecting/hopinf for a better quality product than my Italian-built CBF1000 turned out to be. Some aspects of its build quality were extremely disappointing.

Rocker66

Glad that you got it sorted. Honda replaced the frame on Sue's Hornet even though it was 4 years old.at the time

Guest gunshot72

I wish Triumph were as quick and helpful as Honda with warranty claims. My brand new Street Triple R bought last year had a fault on the entire rear wheel. It wobbled when running and it was proved to be a casting fault but Triumph refused to replace until I threatened court.

Guest Tumbleweed

I wish Triumph were as quick and helpful as Honda with warranty claims. My brand new Street Triple R bought last year had a fault on the entire rear wheel. It wobbled when running and it was proved to be a casting fault but Triumph refused to replace until I threatened court.

My daft mate had his Triumph Thunderbird Storm fitted with comfier, expensive touring rider and pillion seats when he bought it new last year.

Coming back to Manchester from Squires in Yorkshire, the pillion seat fell off on the M62.

When he complained they told him there was no way that it wasn`t fitted correctly by them and he must have been messing with the fixings to make it come loose.

If he wanted a replacement,he would have to pay for it.

He told them to get stuffed and traded it for a Harley 72 last week.

Said he wouldn`t have a Triumph again.

It also had a small oil leak from the day he got it..couldn`t work out from where. He also had to have the discs and callipers replaced under warranty..they wouldn`t say why???

• 4 weeks later...
Guest susiebe

When my NC went in for 600 mile service they noticed the discs were pitted (no idea how - and I hadn't twigged). They are being replaced next week. Also have a tiny hairline crack in front mudguard - looks like bolt probably tightened too much................ and that is being replaced under warranty too. So I am impressed.

• 5 months later...

Had mine at Doble's last Saturday for the 600 mile service and they picked up that there was something wrong with the spring in the horn button (which wasn't as springy as it was meant to be) - whole unit will be replaced at no cost on warranty.

Had mine at Doble's last Saturday for the 600 mile service and they picked up that there was something wrong with the spring in the horn button (which wasn't as springy as it was meant to be) - whole unit will be replaced at no cost on warranty.

Just relaised I have never sounded my horn! No idea if it works

scottiedoug

Parp Parp :D I remember that on my D1 Bantam. That is good to hear Honda are looking after all us NC700 riders...hope it continues

Just relaised I have never sounded my horn! No idea if it works

I still honk a lot, especially when turning left :-)

Having had a PCX scooter for a year I was used to the position of the horn switch which is why i never honked :)