Chain oiler

Jimish

steelhorseuk

Wow. Exxon Valdez in your parking lot.

Yeah, what an oil slick. Bet the local council love him!  

-Mark-

Derek_Mac

I like the applicator thingy for the chain lube though. Neat.

It looked pretty similar to a Grease Ninja.

The oil bath tool just looked like a bigger version of the tool you can buy in Halfrauds for cleaning/oiling mountain bike chains.

Slowboy

Don't forget the most important: it is viscosity independent! With gravitational oilers, the flow will be too much and too little during the day... It's not steady.

But it'll give you something to fiddle with as nothing else goes wrong with the NC. Tutoro automatic gravity system and over £80 better off...

"Old tightwad"

But it'll give you something to fiddle with as nothing else goes wrong with the NC. Tutoro automatic gravity system and over £80 better off...

"Old tightwad"

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean...

IMHO, In the long term a gravitional oiler is not cheaper.

Slowboy

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean...

IMHO, In the long term a gravitional oiler is not cheaper.

Then I'll explain;

Tutoro automatic system £69 to £99 (although I remember paying much less) mines been fitted for three years and 24,000 miles with no maintenance apart from filling it with oil every 500 miles or so.

Scottoiler eSystem £210. I have used their vSystem in the past, very good kit but doesn't fit "our" bike, so the eSystem is the only option.

Difference in price initially is between £110 and £140. That's a hell of a lot of chain oil. I use scottoil in my Tutoro at £7.50 a bottle and that lasts over 5000 miles, that's between 14 and 18 bottles of oil or between 70,000 and 90,000 miles just on the price of the oiler alone. That's a pretty long run in my opinion.

And that's without buying oil for the electric one, which will use it at the same rate. My last chain lasted for over 22,000 miles, and the reason for change was the sprockets were pretty tired. The chain was not greatly stretched and there were no tight spots. I think that pretty good value.

Edited by slowboy