Honda service around £165?

Guest Quektis

Guest Quektis

Hi all,

Not long bought the NC750s and it's due for its first service soon. Fowllers Bristol have told me the first service will cost around £165 for the nc750s and this seems quite excessive to me considering what is actually done. I'm know good and reliable dealerships that could do it for much cheaper than that. however if I choose to get it done through anyone else but Honda my 2 year warranty on the bike will be void.

Doing it myself is not an option as I'm a total novice and still want a good job done.

What are your thoughts? go with honda for the next two years or get it done somewhere else for cheaper but for a job done just as well?

I paid the same for my 750x (Reading Honda) for first annual service               (£129 for first 600 miles service)

They told me it will take hour and half but in fact they did everything in 45min including shitty bike wash. 

Not happy at all,  useless these guys are 

Callisidrin

Mine was £135 plus VAT, the breakdown was

1.4 hrs labour at nearly £55 /hr. 

£36 and some pennies for oil.

£19 for filters, washers, o-rings.

The jobs include replacing oil and filter, adjusting the clutch and throttle freeplay, lube pivot points and caliber pins, clean lube and adjust chain, do safety checks and road test.

As you say, if you want the warranty to be good, or if you fancy swopping the bike in 3 years, you are better off getting it done by Honda. Just  one of those things you have to put up with.

I know a few of the guys at my local Honda and trust them to do a good job. And I know they service my bike properly, not once in the 10 years + now that I've been to them (not with the frequency I should have, i admit), have I had cause to complain or had to go back. Infact the last job they did on my ex-VFR they did the work in 2 stages a month apart and they didn't charge me until after the whole job had been completed.

Now in the past I have serviced my bikes myself, but they were air cooled singles and v-twins. When I got the VFR (brand new) I concluded that I didn't have the time or the expertise to make a hash of doing it myself and then (probably) to pay someone more money to put it right. So I decided to let Honda do it.

You pay you money, you make you choice.

Edited by Callisidrin

Thanks for the heads up on Honda Reading.

Taking the bike there next week for the relay and tyre change. Seemed like it was a chore for one of the guys to speak to me regarding the relay being changed on the day as he expected me to visit, then they would confirm if relay and tyres need replacing then I would have to go back another day to get them done. Couldn't grasp the fact it would be 45 mile round trips for me and 1 journey should be sufficient if they already had the relay and tyres in stock.