New Integra 750- impressions & faults

Guest theop

Guest theop

2k London miles in.. Update...

Bike is fine, DCT fully grown on me... Bike is more than adequate for mid distance touring too.

On the negative side: suspension is pretty crap, especially at the front. This is probably my biggest gripe that i will ask the audience here for advice and ideas on what to do. Change to something more premium on the cheap side of Ohlins?

Exceledsteve

2k London miles in.. Update...

Bike is fine, DCT fully grown on me... Bike is more than adequate for mid distance touring too.

On the negative side: suspension is pretty crap, especially at the front. This is probably my biggest gripe that i will ask the audience here for advice and ideas on what to do. Change to something more premium on the cheap side of Ohlins?

Sounds like most of your gripes have been addressed with the 2016 model Theo... DCT has additional S modes and better 'clutch' feel, new front forks and better sounding exhaust note. I'm planning on getting one later this year to replace my Silverwing. Glad you like it more now. Always interesting to read an owner's honest and frank longer term opinion together with everyone's input. Cheers guys and gals. This is a great forum.

horobags

Ive just ordered a 2015 model,in tri-colour, The new 2016  model Im sure has been tweaked and slightly improved, but Im not a lover of the mild steel black exhaust, I prefer stainless steel . Also the new model only comes in grey, or grey :ermm: . I love the tri colour. The 2015 model is an upgrade of the 700 model which I had and enjoyed two years ago so Im sure I'll be happy with it.

• Like 1
Exceledsteve

Ive just ordered a 2015 model,in tri-colour, The new 2016  model Im sure has been tweaked and slightly improved, but Im not a lover of the mild steel black exhaust, I prefer stainless steel . Also the new model only comes in grey, or grey :ermm: . I love the tri colour. The 2015 model is an upgrade of the 700 model which I had and enjoyed two years ago so Im sure I'll be happy with it.

Oh dear. Is the 2016 exhaust mild steel compared to the 2015 stainless steel then? Sounds like a backward step to me. I'd also rather a stainless steel system even if it doesn't sound as good as the 2016 sound.

horobags

honda say the new exhaust is much lighter than the previous model, which Im sure it is , yet the new model has gained a couple of KG than the last model, so what benefit??

Oh! Black steel exhaust? And I bet the grey paint is matte too (sigh). The 700 was nicer finished (in my opinion) than the 750 and now it sounds like a further slide into mediocrity. Still, I'm sure it's cheaper, right?

Ah congratulations Mr Horobags!!!!! :D

kayz1

Will this be the France ride Mark, or do you have another in the back ground?

Lyn.

horobags

as you know lyn,  Ive fancied a 750 integra for a while, the only thing putting me off was the price, but, I decided if its the only NC I can find comfy (for me) then Ive got to pay the price, so I ordered one.  :thumbsup:

cheers wozza!  :D

trisaki

When you have the first service done get them to do an ECU reset, might make all the difference , recently serviced a customers dct and did the reset , he reckons he has had from new and its never run so well as it does now and he has done 20,000 miles , his dealer has never even mentioned doing the reset

kayz1

Black steel exhaust

!!! it could just be painted black mild steel or it COULD be ( Black steel )  black steel is a form of stainless, but they will have used mild steel to save some Krona,,,,

Lyn.

horobags

are you having a new model lyn??

kayz1

Been looking :drool:  but i fancy that city adventure when it comes out, came home with a CRF1000l book today as well!!!!

embee

Black steel exhaust

!!! it could just be painted black mild steel or it COULD be ( Black steel )  black steel is a form of stainless, but they will have used mild steel to save some Krona,,,,

Lyn.

I've never come across an automotive catalyst can which is not stainless (sic) steel of some variety, so my bet would be on a coated or treated stainless of a type. "Stainless" is a misnomer really, it is properly referred to as corrosion resistant steel.

kayz1

Yes Embee, the header could well be stainless as we no it ( shiny ) but the can may be the black stainless as said treated to colour it..I have some stuff here i use called cold black. dangle your bits ( of steel ) in it to coat it...a bit like the black on tools.

Guest Shadowfan

I have been looking at the new 900 Bonneville particularly the engine parameters. They have almost copied the Honda NC 750 in terms of power (both 55 ish), fuel consumption (75mpg vs 82 for the Honda); both twin cylinder 270deg with twin balancers, both water cooled . The Triumph has a 5 speed manual transmission, higher torque from the 900/750cc size difference but even lower rpm for peak torgue and power which offsets the size hence very similar max power.  Triumph have a few points on the Honda 1)  switchable traction control (Danny Pedrossa will like that one) 2) console flick through mpg etc using a single button on the left switch thanks to more room than the auto switches demanded by the Honda. I guess the Bonneville is attcking the NC market (manual only). It hasn't got the weather protection of the Honda but they are quoting a hundred plus accessorie options.

Well Theop, if you decide the Honda's not for you the new 900  Bonnevile and the 1200cc T120 (out in April with classic low silensers hence bags of pannier room) ) could be up your street. Oh yes the Triumph has a 750mm seat height for shorter guys (me) and dolls. Weightwise Triumph have been a little naughty in sneeking in quoting a dry weight where Honda use kerbside. The NC bikes may be a bit lighter -I haven't bothered to estimate the Triumph kerbside weight -thats their job.

I might have a test ride on the 900 myself and definitely the 1200 out in April. The higher power Thruxton (guess about 90-100hp) is launched after the T120.

Food for thought?

• 4 years later...

Good day.  I just joined the forum after I bought myself a secondhand 2014 Honda Integra 750 scooter in an immaculate condition with very log kilo's on the clock.  I have noted some negative comments by some forum members, either that the Integra is too quiet, or doesn't provide the driving experience of other bikes.  When I bought my Integra I exactly knew what I wanted, and the Integra does it completely for me.  If you want a faster bike with a higher voice, buy yourself a superbike.  I am enjoying the Integra dearly.

Dolf

• Like 4
Rocker66

Hi Dolf welcome to the forum. I’m pleased that you are enjoying your Integra. Where are you located?

• 2 weeks later...
White Skark

Welcome Dolf, I bought my Integra new in 2016, 4 years old now and I love it, does everything I want, great little bike.

• Like 1