Plugs

Guest Rama5

Gidday Murph,

From what I've gathered around here the original Iridium plugs are best. Last 30,000 miles or much more with zero maintenance. No need to do anything flash ;)

• Like 1

Gidday Murph,

From what I've gathered around here the original Iridium plugs are best. Last 30,000 miles or much more with zero maintenance. No need to do anything flash ;)

Exactly right, Graeme. Plugs are 'fit and forget' these days. Just as well with the price of the things, mind.

Agree with the above.

The plug technology in the NC is essentially carry over from the donor car engine. Anything up to 60k miles is perfectly feasible, certainly no need to consider replacing them before 30k miles unless one gets damaged for some reason.

Personally, based on experience in industry with different suppliers, I use NGK or Denso plugs. I've just ordered a new set for my Yaris, the NGK iridium plugs in that have done a bit over 50k miles so I thought I'd give it a birthday (and I had a 20% discount voucher to use up!). It's still running just fine, but it gives me a warm feeling. :D

Be aware that there are fake NGK plugs out there, usually on the auction sites, and especially for the more expensive versions. I can recommend (purely as a customer, no connection) http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/ , always very quick delivery (often next day). You may find cheaper elsewhere.

The NC plugs are usually priced in the £10 to 15 bracket, expensive but once every 50k miles isn't too bad, and there are only 2 of them.

• Like 1

2 plugs only needed. That is another thing I like abouth the NC. It is cheap to maintain compare to inline 4

Love my bike