Chain

dannybegood

dannybegood

Ok, how long after a service, collection from a dealer, I.e a serviced bike would you imagine an NC700x need a chain tighten? Considering almost every day commute bar days off.

In other words what sort of mileage would expect to achieve before needing this task done? Without looking at the indicator etc, I am only looking for a rough guide what you think.

I have never put mileage on this task. I just adjust it when there is too much slack in the chain. I think several thousand Kilometers could be the norm between adjustments. I use an oiler.

Mine had the first adjustment at around 12k kms (if I'm not wrong) but was completely gone at 18k. I use Tutoro oiler but that didn't really help. The chain was replaced under warranty. I'm still using the oiler but in colder conditions I'm also using chain lube once a week.

its a perennial question! look at the Tech forum - its better than counting sheep

bazza

• Like 1
Rev Ken

I always check a new chain after 100-200 miles as they sometimes 'relax' a bit. Then it shouldn't need checking very often, but it only takes a minute to give the tension a quick check!

Without an oiler I'd imagine you'd need to adjust it after maybe 3000 ks

Guest Badger77

Best to just check the tension and adjust when required. I don't live that far from you (Peterborough) so I could show you how to check and adjust if you want.

Regards