NC750S first service - quick question

Dashwood
Go to solution Solved by Callisidrin,

Hello everyone, picked my bike up on the 24th November and, at my current rate, I'm likely to have clocked up 600 miles by the end of January. I just wondered if someone could confirm that the first service is mileage, and not time based please? Another site with a similar name to this one, and based in the States, seemed to suggest it was 600 miles or 6 weeks...

I have checked the manual, but can't see any mention of 6 weeks.

Grateful if someone could put my mind at rest.

Thanks.

Paul.

Guest Southerner

Based (very flexibly) on mileage, not elapsed time (I think, check your book). 

Doesn't have to be bang on that figure, some here had it done at anything up to 1000 miles, but it would be best to aim for 600 - 800 miles I'd say. You should estimate when you need it done and get it booked in, as lead times for workshop bookings can be quite long with some dealers.

Great stuff. Thanks for that.

Paul.

Everything is in the user manual, and 100% is mileage.

In general only racing vehicles are counting hours between services...

• Like 1
Callisidrin

I had mine done about 6 weeks ago. When I booked it in Honda asked what it had on the clock and it was just over 300, they said I could have it done now if I wanted, but i didn't have the time. So I booked it for a couple of weeks later and when it went in it had over 700 on the clock, they said no problem, it's just best to get it done before you hit 1000.

Thanks Chris, would you mind telling me how much you paid?

Thanks.

Paul.