First service booked on 29th Dec.

Jimish

Going to Bridge Motorcycles in Exeter where I got my 750X DCT from.

I was advised by them not to exceed 600 miles by too much so can't ride it any more until after the service. I've done 610 now and it's 40 miles to the dealer.

They will be fitting my Givi handguards too which hadn't arrived in time when I first got the bike.

dandemann8

I wouldn't worry about the mileage as it's only a guide, as long as it's serviced the warranty won't be effected.

I wouldn't worry about the mileage as it's only a guide, as long as it's serviced the warranty won't be effected.

+1 on that. Think I had over 700 miles on the clock.

• Like 1
Englishman

I am booked in on the 29th too, I am on 615 miles and it's 25 miles to the dealer JS Gedge in Pevensey Bay so not a problem. More of a "challenge" possibly is that when I bought the bike they said they would include the first service free of charge, let's what happens on the day

• Like 1

Hi,James.just a quick note I can see why you are going to Exeter for your first service,give Honda of Newton Abbott,a ring for a price on the 600 miles service,and the first year,(8000 miles or first year) before you go, you will be surprised they may be competitive on the 600 not the first year,that's why I take my750x to Newton Abbott,Even though I have a Honda dealership around the corner. Ride Safe..

I was told that if I exceed the 600 miles by too much, then in case of a warranty claim in the future Honda may refuse to honour the claim ( or reduce the amount they will pay).

Also to keep the lifetime warranty with Bridge Motorcycles I have to have it serviced by them. If there's only a few quid difference in cost I'm happy to pay that. Better the devil you know and all that

Callisidrin

Pah ! Waffle

I had mine done a little while back, when I booked it in it had 300 on the clock, they told me I could have it done then if I wanted ( didn't have time) when it went in on the booked day it had over 700, not a problem they said, just as long as it didn't go over 1000.

It's really just a post sales check up to make sure all is working ok, bolts are nice and tight and no excessive wear, hence the oil and filter change. Obviously if you leave it too long and something is wrong it will cause more damage so they recommend the first service at 600, but it's not set in stone, could be earlier, could be later.

ps. My local Honda is a main dealership they even sell generators, law mowers and Honda marine engines. In the many years I've been going there they've always been straight with me.

Englishman

My previous post refers - Took the NC750X to J S Gedge in Pevensey Bay today for it's first service and as I bought the bike from them there was no charge for the first service, result!

• Like 1

Well you did better than me Englishman. Mine cost £125! I suppose I can't have it all ways - I've got the lifetime warranty. But then I think I would have preferred a free service.

I had a dodgy ride down to Exeter, the sun ( yes, sun!) was full in my face all the way, on wet roads which reflect the sun straight into your eyes. 3 lots of horse riders too. Should have taken the main road but it's boring, straight.

Never happy, always moaning!