End of warranty

PNE

I called my Honda dealership today (Blackpool Honda) to follow up on two outstanding warranty claims on my bike, they have been waiting for the parts and I've not been to pushy because the claims are cosmetic but my warranty runs out on Friday and I didn't want any confusement. It transpires that they have had the parts in for a while but they failed to let me know, never mind. Anyway seeing that one of the parts is the oil pan/sump it makes sense to do it when it needs servicing at the end of February. The nice guy on the other end of the phone then asked why don't you call in with your bike asap and we will do a warranty service check and see weather your bike needs anything else before the warranty runs out, any cost to me I asked oh no we will need the bike for an half hour, so off I go tomorrow.

I didn't know any dealers did this, does yours.

Edited by PNE

sounds a nice sort of dealer- assume they aren't looking for work in a quiet period ,paid for by Honda?

• Like 2

maybe we should tell ALL forum members this is a win/ win. They may not need the bike at present and the dealer can give it a really good check over - like  missing grease in some areas - as long as its made clear that the owner doesn't want a big bill. Seems a good time to have a service anyway - and maybe haggle a good price ( for the less wimpy amongst us!)

They know they will find nothing anyway and they might get you to spend a few quid when you are in there........ ;)

• Like 1
Rocker66

They know they will find nothing anyway and they might get you to spend a few quid when you are in there........ ;)

Why is it when dealers do something good some people still have to put a negative slant on it ?

I agree with some above that the dealership is thinking he may get a bit of work from Honda. Don't worry Griff I'll keep my wallet in my pocket. It will give my a ride out and a look at some bikes (not buying at mo). Weather looks good out, good enough for a ride and just in the process of getting kitted up with my new Rukka Xmas gear.

Forgot to mention Griff I have had 5 separate warranty part claims on this bike, I think my dealership likes me.

I had a Lexus some years ago and it went for a service one month before it's warranty ran out - strangely, the dealer decided it needed new brake discs (not pads, discs!) all round which were replaced 'under warranty'. I know brake discs get worn but that bad after 3 years of average mileage? I think not...

Having worked at car manufacturers I've seen it first hand from the other side. Unscrupulous dealers would use all sorts of tricks to get warranty work to do (I'll stick to the past tense to avoid offending anyone).

As an example, claims for head gaskets. In order to put a check on that one the service replacement gaskets often have an extra tab on the side so at least you can tell at a glance whether it actually has a replacement fitted, it's very easy to say it's had a new one fitted and the old one went in the bin. Many parts were required to be returned to us, not because we wanted to see the "failed" parts, just that we wanted to be sure the parts had actually been replaced. Our factory "service" department did a lot of investigatory work, often a pattern could be seen with certain dealers doing an unusual number of similar warranty jobs not seen at other dealers.

I'm sure this sort of thing no longer happens. :devil:

Back to the OP, I've been very happy with buying stuff online from Blackpool Honda, so I imagine they are wholly respectable and it is all in the interests of good customer service.

• Like 1

Why is it when dealers do something good some people still have to put a negative slant on it ?

Human nature possibly.

Yer it's not like the car industry are above the misleading the people who buy their product really is it embee :0) , again it's some individuals in groups that cause a ripple , estate agents, builders, insurance , financial services , cabbies, etc .

I find most people have good intentions though so I thinking the best of the honda dealer , but think Barry was closer to the truth then most :0)

OK had a great ride out today incorporating the warranty check at Blackpool Honda. After a half hour wait with a coffee and a goggle at the new Africa Twin (a guy with a NC X took it out for a test ride) they handed my keys back with a all is great so no extra work for my dealer.

• Like 2

OK had a great ride out today incorporating the warranty check at Blackpool Honda. After a half hour wait with a coffee and a goggle at the new Africa Twin (a guy with a NC X took it out for a test ride) they handed my keys back with a all is great so no extra work for my dealer.

Aha ! Now I know the real reason they got you in ! They reckoned they would get you on an Africa Twin. You are so strong to resist :D

• Like 3

My dealer done exactly the same thing, I have a brand new rear shock replaced under warranty, The ride has been completely transformed and its just like riding around on a brand new bike. 

so there we are -get to your dealer before the Spring rush- ask to test ride the Af twin and let them check your NC over!

• Like 1