Sprockets

trisaki

trisaki

Want to alter my gearing on my 700x , I want either a 15 tooth front or a 44 tooth rear , has anyone seen alternative sprockets listed anywhere

trisaki

Thank you much appreciated, mark

My last chain/sprocket change I used Honda products.

Kept the 16T front and used the 39T (change from the factory 44T) from the DCT bike for the rear, lowering rpm at all speeds. 

Oh, never mind, i see you're wanting to change the gearing in the other direction.

Edited by michael

Your std sprocket was a 44t ?

44? or was it 42?

Now i can't recall, all I can say is I wanted to add one tooth to countershaft sprocket, couldn't find one, so went down teeth on the rear wheel sprocket…using the 39 tooth rear from the DCT model. (I have the standard trans…)

trisaki

Std spkts on a 700 are 16 / 43 on the 750 they are 17 /43

Bingo.

I stand corrected. The stock/standard was 43 on the rear, I now have a 39T sprocket.

trisaki

Mine feels overheated on the std spkts , putting a 39 on the back, do you get out of 4th gear ? ,

My only dislike is that first gear is a tad too tall. So I'm feathering the clutch in parking lots at walking speeds. At freeway speeds i'm still in the rev range that I can roll on throttle and not have the twin gasp, look back at me and ask, "are you kidding?"

Seriously though, 6th gear is agreeable over 60 miles an hour without any "load." (uphill, headwind fully loaded).  I'm not one to lug, fully believing (rightly or wrongly) that lugging the engine is more harmful than revving it up a little.

I found in the stock configuration, at 75 to 80 MPH (via gps, not speedometer, which is at odds with the gps) the engine was turning over in a zone that impelled engine vibration. The gearing change meant an approximate (I didn't do the math and the tach is not that finely defined) drop of 350 rpm at 60 mph which allowed for 75 mph outside that rpm range with vibration.