Rear Shock Replacement

ncmf

My ride has become very bouncy.

Is it a diy job to replace rear Shock? I don't have a centre stand.

trisaki

I fitted a YSS shock from Wemoto , very pleased with the way the bike now rides , under £300, straight forward to fit but with no main stand you may be wise to use a trolley jack , where in the country are you

Also, does anyone know if the s and x are different.

I wouldn't have thought so but on the auction site that shan't be named they are listed separately.

• Like 1
fred_jb

My ride has become very bouncy.

Is it a diy job to replace rear Shock? I don't have a centre stand.

If you are looking for a standard shock to replace yours, I have a secondhand one taken off my X model after only about 4000 miles use when I replaced it with a Wilbers.  Would sell this for £50  + postage.  Pretty easy job with a centre stand, but not sure how you would do it without.

Fred

bazza

Yes like Fred i have a std one -off a 2014 X DCt model -and all front fork internals as well!

Got my shock replaced under warranty like for like and very pleased with it. Not being a practical person I had my local mechanic replace it 

Guest Bill the Cat

Hi Fred,

If ncmf does not take up your offer of the shock may I have next dibbs on it? Mine is at the end of its life and impending redundancy means all pennies saved keeping the X running are very welcome.

Thanks

Ed

Ed. Go for it. I had already bought one (older and for more money) before I saw Fred offer.

Many thanks for the offer Fred.

• Like 1
fred_jb

Sorry I was too late for you Mike.    

Ed:  if you are still interested I have sent you a PM with pic of the shock.

Fred

fred_jb

Thanks Fred, you have PM

Ed

Replied to your PM

Fred

• 1 month later...
Griff

For anyone interested I have the Wilbers 641 off my NC for sale. I haven't advertised it for sale elsewhere as yet but will do so in the next couple of days.  

Silverrider

How much for the Wilbers 641 (from your neighbor in Kildare)