Ordered the wrong rear sprocket! Can I fit it safely?

Newoldbiker
Go to solution Solved by Newoldbiker,

Newoldbiker

Have ordered my chain and sprocket set only to discover I clicked too early and have ordered the set for the DCT model!!  Senior moment or what.  The standard one s 43T and the DCT one 39T.  Can I fit this 39T ring to my manual safely?  I've read about it making it go a bit faster but will it affect the engine adversely?  I ride urban, motorways and a bit of country laneing too.

Thanks 

Guest solarbake

Hi not unless you want to be evil knievel everywhere ,maybe a Dct owner will purchase it off

you,best to get the right one me thinks.

Have ordered my chain and sprocket set only to discover I clicked too early and have ordered the set for the DCT model!!  Senior moment or what.  The standard one s 43T and the DCT one 39T.  Can I fit this 39T ring to my manual safely?  I've read about it making it go a bit faster but will it affect the engine adversely?  I ride urban, motorways and a bit of country laneing too.

Thank

if you use the 39T ,, you get a higher gear ratio .. lower rpm in 6 gear on the highway.

aquaboy

Janne--- you mean a lower gear ratio!! Yes the bike will go faster for any given rpm but you may find

it a bit gutless in top on any sort of hill or head wind. I find 6" quite long legged anyway.

Guest gogs01

Thanks 

Speeds in the lower gears will be (10%) higher, but you may struggle to get a top speed any higher than original (unless you're going downhill with the wind behind you).  You may in fact find that it struggles at times in top gear.

For "country laneing" you may find you've gone the wrong way altogether - you might find an improvement there would be a bigger rear or smaller gearbox sprocket.

sandalfarm

Can't you just send it back pay the postage and perhaps a handling fee and get the correct stuff

• Like 1
  • Solution
Newoldbiker

Good idea Ralph....gonna do that