LED underlighting

staufighter

staufighter

I bought a "million colour" LED underlighting kit but in order to fit the lighting strips I need to remove the dummy tank on my NC750S. I have removed every alan key I could find but it still aint moving. I have asked around and some have suggested that there is a clip that needs to be released but I can't see one anywhere. I would appreciate any advice.

fred_jb

I bought a "million colour" LED underlighting kit but in order to fit the lighting strips I need to remove the dummy tank on my NC750S. I have removed every alan key I could find but it still aint moving. I have asked around and some have suggested that there is a clip that needs to be released but I can't see one anywhere. I would appreciate any advice.

Sorry, I can't help you directly, but if you become a paid up member here, you may find some documents in the members download area which might help.

Fred

• Like 1
MikeBike

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have to remove the frunk (dummy tank)?  I've never seen info on how to remove it but think the Honda 12V socket instructions detail removal of the side panels on the RHS for accessing the sub harness for electrical connection.

there are some threads on here (by Fred_jb above and myself and probably others) about the sub harness and connecting to it, with photos showing its location next to the frunk.

e.g. http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/topic/9027-sub-harness-extension-and-other-electrical-mods/

and

http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/topic/9971-aeg-daytime-running-lights-fitted/

Edited by MikeBike
  • Like 1
fred_jb

Not sure why you actually need to remove the frunk, as this is a major dismantling job.  Is this because you want to mount the lights on the underside of the frunk?  If so maybe you could utilise the handbook compartment in the floor of the frunk to house the lights, and make some holes in that to allow them to shine downwards?  Alternatively, if you take the battery cover panel off inside the frunk would that give you access to a suitable place for the lights?  Maybe on top of the air filter cover?  Of course you would need to ensure they are easily removeable to get at the air cleaner!

Fred

Edited by fred_jb
  • Like 1
staufighter

Thanks Fred and Mike. Some nice photos on those links. I'll certainly investigate the handbook compartment suggestion. I couldn't work out how to remove the plastic side pannels either. The problem is that I can't find a Haynes manual for the NC and my local garage would not fit the LED kit because I might not like where they put them. I'll give it another go.

Cheers,

Mick

Newoldbiker

Just saw you have the 750 so should be fine :-)