An expensive day at the dealer......

Guest dentonlad

Guest dentonlad

So, MOT and 16,000 mile service today for the NC700X.

First bit of bad news - front tyre goosed, back nearly as bad. Set of BT 023's then please. Needs new pads front and rear. Chain and sprockets worn but should be good for another 1500 miles.

Valves fine, don't need adjusting. Arthur, the tech, says don't bother with them for another 16,000.

Also had to buy a new mirror for the Crossrunner. Some idiot broke it against the garage wall.....

Made fatal error. Rode Bonekicker's "Yellow Peril" as they don't have a demo model. 0% finance deal means I shall shortly be the owner of a white CB650F. Must make more room in garage......

Service cost around £250 without the pads/tyres.

I was almost tempted last week to sign up for a very very good part exchange deal and pcp plan to get a box fresh new red and black cbr650f but my captain sensible head won and have decided to stick with the nc and be a bit more careful with the dosh

• Like 2

I can definitely see the attraction of the CB650F, lovely looking machine. I haven't ridden one, mind, just like the looks! :)

Congratulations on your new bike...:D

Guest bonekicker

Keith did Lola bell want to play when you took her out???  Honestly I told Kevin at Rochdale Honda that if I had the money I would buy it back--no problem at all-- The CB650F is a joy to ride---and as got me out of a few close calls--it's a really safe but playful bike--if any members have the chance test ride one--the standard screen is crap--but thats about all. :D

And All the Very Best for New bike Keith--- we all must do in life what makes us Happy---Without Making Someone Else Unhappy in the Process. 

Edited by bonekicker
Rocker66

I certainly enjoyed the "R" version that I had on loan

DSC01311_zpsladpth98.jpg

• Like 1

Rocker any more info on your impressions of the 'R'? I am still pondering...

Rocker66

Rocker any more info on your impressions of the 'R'? I am still pondering...

I enjoyed it as it has enough performance to be really good fun and feel sporty. I found the riding position to be quite comfortable. If I had the money I would certainly have one as a 2nd bike. The only reason I wouldn't have one as my only bike is practicality. As I only have the bike as personal transport I need some some carrying capacity such as a top box and to fit one to this type of bike to my way of thinking would be sacrilege. i would certainly recommend it though

• Like 1

Mmmm... Thanks for the info, interesting about the practicalities of the bike, a top box would definitely be sacrilege the good looks of the bike.

Guest bonekicker

Adding a top box--I found no problem at all--But Rocker is more of a purest than me--and he enjoys the sleek lines etc--I test rode the R version as no F version was available--the riding position etc are similar--the F a little more upward sitting position--a great bike--try it--put on whatever you want--life is no fashion parade. :ermm:

Rocker66

Adding a top box--I found no problem at all--But Rocker is more of a purest than me--and he enjoys the sleek lines etc--I test rode the R version as no F version was available--the riding position etc are similar--the F a little more upward sitting position--a great bike--try it--put on whatever you want--life is no fashion parade. :ermm:

A Top box looked fine on your "F" Michael it was just the sporty looks of the "R" which I think would have been spoilt by one

Guest bonekicker

I personally would put a top box on any bike if I needed it--got to have somewhere for the jam butties and glass bottle of tape water :ermm:

Guest g3ges3

i had a beautiful 650f tri colour 

WORSE bike i ever had jumpy throttle (been riding 40 years before you assume)

bouncy back end whatever the settings chopped it for nc after 7 months

ScaredyCat

Made fatal error. Rode Bonekicker's "Yellow Peril" as they don't have a demo model. 0% finance deal means I shall shortly be the owner of a white CB650F. Must make more room in garage......

Might have to change your name to "Johnny 10 bikes" if you keep buying at this rate - Be careful out there :)

Mikdent

I certainly enjoyed the "R" version that I had on loan

DSC01311_zpsladpth98.jpg

It seems like your driveway has seen more bikes than the starting grid at Brands. :lol:

Rocker66

It seems like your driveway has seen more bikes than the starting grid at Brands. :lol:

It has certainly seen a few in it's time :)

Mikdent

It has certainly seen a few in it's time :)

Right, I'll throw down the gauntlet then, how many? :)

In fact, how about a montage of every bike pic you've got which includes your drive?

Rocker66

Right, I'll throw down the gauntlet then, how many? :)

In fact, how about a montage of every bike pic you've got which includes your drive?

No idea of how many as it would include demos and loan bikes. When David Brown M/Cs was in Ashford I would often put the first few miles on their demo bikes for them. i didn't always get photos of these when I brought them home. Also when I had a couple of demo BMWs from the dealers in Tunbridge Wells I brought them home to check that there was room in the garage. I didn't get photos of those either. then of course there are the demos and loan bikes Sue has brought home. In 30 odd years that must really add up

Guest bonekicker

Ted --it must be great having either owned or test ridden a lot of different bikes in your time--and that's why your advice and input on bike matter's is so valuable to us all---reading magazine reviews just can't replace any test ride.  :thumbsup:

horobags

Ted --it must be great having either owned or test ridden a lot of different bikes in your time--and that's why your advice and input on bike matter's is so valuable to us all---reading magazine reviews just can't replace any test ride.  :thumbsup:

too true, forget the mags, get out and ride one!!

I love the look of the 650, Ive had a few hornets in the past and loved them, If I won the lotto I'd have four or five in the garage. All honda's of course. :D

Post some pics up when it arrives Mr dentonlad.