Complete bike from spare parts

Guest Garazins

Guest Garazins

Just a thing that is good to know!

I have done a little research - added all NC700XD OEM parts in my shopping cart at hondapartshouse.com

I think that they have the cheapest parts for Honda NC700XD so the price could go only up!

And the result is: 36 809 $ (+taxes if it`s shipped outside US) for 1564 parts...

That is exactly why the thieving scum (official title) nick bikes - break them up and sell the parts.

In fact, I've heard of companies buying new bikes and then breaking them to sell the parts - you can see the profit margin is pretty good.

Shall we club together and buy one as a fourm spares bike!

• Like 1
Dave H

I had a caravan that was getting on a bit and tried to sell it - no chance.  I tried to give it away - again no hope even scrap yards wanted appreciable amounts to take it away.

So I thought sod it, I'll take it apart, sell some of the fixtures and whats left take to the tip a bit at a time.

I totalled £1400 from the sale of the parts on that auction site. and the residue took 5 trips to the dump.

Breaking for parts is the way to go.  I've worked out that my '54 Sunbeam is worth about £4k as a, non mint, runner and £6K, at least, as a parts bike.

There was an article recently on the BBC News site about the stealing of 1980s cars for their parts:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35716456

Such thefts are desperately sad because the cars will probably have been cherished by their owners and not easily replaceable.

To my mind the only answer is to make the penalties more of a deterrent.  A good start would be the return of the stocks to town centres on Saturdays.  

Dave H

If they used existing technology (smart water etc) more effectively then they could just about eradicate that sort of crime.  But, as usual, its down to money and a willingness to do something about it.

Andy m

Aftermarket pricing is about what you will stand before going for the petrol and matches option.

OE pricing is about what you will pay to avoid the bus or another brand.

The other issue to theft is copying. I've met knockoff brake valves that are scary and very difficult to spot until you test the performance. 

Andy