ABs rear brake sensor wire -how to fit?

bazza

bazza

So got one from Germany off that auctions site for €66 -bit better than £200 from Honda and as its raining reckon to fit it today

i have taken off the silencer ( clean me I know)and right peg holder and the cable goes somewhere under the seat

But getting wiser (its taken 40 years to get this far) now need to take off more bodywork to access whaetever it plugs into.

So is it seat off, side panels off or what?

any suggestions please - have spanner, will break unless some kind member tells me what to furtle

thanks

bazza

DaveM59

On the Integra the connector to the main loom is clipped to the side of the underseat trunk on the RH side of the battery. Now the loom on the integra is totally different from the S and X models but the sensor and the length of cable attached is the same, so I would guess the connector on the loom is in a similar place so you are looking vertically above the dipstick around the area of the upper frame tube.

Lay the wiring from the sensor along the side of the bike allowing for the kinks where it feeds through from the swing arm and then it rises over the clutch and then forward, and see where it ends. There is not a lot of slack on the Integra wiring so if other models are similar it will give you a rough guide where to look. It's one of the two connectors top RH corner (the paler one) on this pic taken looking down and forward from the top of the petrol tank.

gallery_4483_108_21092.jpg

Edited by DaveM59
  • Like 1
bazza

Thanks Dave

i have traced the wire to behind the right side panel -under the fuel tank area.Reckon i may have to take the tank off but fast going off doing ANY work on the bloody thing as every flaming fixing is different -plastic,alloy, steel.

If i have the time I think i will standardise them all

ONE GOOD THING though- found that if you undo the single phillips screw that holds the top section plastic  (vertically above the back wheel)  you access an area IDEAL to put a spare frunk key -only needing one phillips screw to undo to get access!

fred_jb

Thanks Dave

i have traced the wire to behind the right side panel -under the fuel tank area.Reckon i may have to take the tank off but fast going off doing ANY work on the bloody thing as every flaming fixing is different -plastic,alloy, steel.

If i have the time I think i will standardise them all

ONE GOOD THING though- found that if you undo the single phillips screw that holds the top section plastic  (vertically above the back wheel)  you access an area IDEAL to put a spare frunk key -only needing one phillips screw to undo to get access!

A suggestion:

If you can find the connector Dave has pointed out you could try just connecting up the new sensor without necessarily taking off all the bits you would need to route its cable as per the old one - just secure the wire temporarily with some duct tape or similar  You could then at least test it out before stripping the bike down further.  You would only need to ride a few yards to see if the ABS light goes off.

Fred

Edited by fred_jb
  • Like 1
bazza

A suggestion:

If you can find the connector Dave has pointed out you could try just connecting up the new sensor without necessarily taking off all the bits you would need to route its cable as per the old one - just secure the wire temporarily with some duct tape or similar  You could then at least test it out before stripping the bike down further.  You would only need to ride a few yards to see if the ABS light goes off.

Fred

Yes fred i thought of that one but the connector is well hidden -and looks like its under the petrol tank behind the Frunk!

my problem is getting to it -plugging the thing in is a 5 second job!

fred_jb

Yes fred i thought of that one but the connector is well hidden -and looks like its under the petrol tank behind the Frunk!

my problem is getting to it -plugging the thing in is a 5 second job!

Oh - that's annoying!  I was hoping the connector would be accessible.  I'm sure you will get there in the end, hopefully before reducing your bike to a pile of disconnected bits!

Fred