The dreaded flashing [-]

Guest Lozzles

Guest Lozzles

I've recently been experiencing trouble with my Gears on my '12 plate nc700x DCT

All seems fine til I stop at lights etc then it can start playing up and the gear selector display shows a flashing [-]

It went into the dealer that reset the ecu for me, fine on the way home, then twice more on one small ride

The only way to get it going again is to switch off and on again

The problem is that it sticks in 1st and won't change, and won't switch to manual either

The fault code was 12-something at the dealers, this is something to do with the shift spindle or shift spindle angle sensor

Does this seem to be the same issue others are having?

Guest bonekicker

Loz ask the dealer to pull his finger out--and get your bike sorted--it sounds a little dangerous to me --in all the wrong situations  :cry:

Guest Lozzles

It is out of warranty now obviously, but is there ever any leeway with these sorts of things?

It's done 12,500 miles

Huskyteer

Dobles tried really hard to get a goodwill gesture out of Honda for mine, but no joy :(

However, the more data Honda gets to indicate owners are having problems, the more likely they'll cough something up...

(This does sound like the problem I have, which still recurs, seemingly at random. The most common culprit seems to be if the speed is unusual for the gear I'm in, e.g. going down a steep hill in a low gear; accelerating briskly for an overtake.)

Edited by Huskyteer
Guest bonekicker

Loz Honda are famous world wide for the reliability of their motorcycles--and usual do the out of warranty claims--no hesitation--But that's usually in other countries and not the UK--for some unknown reason--although several members of this forum --have had this work done--either foc or a small contribution --wait to see what other advice you get from the more clever members--and then try ringing Honda customer services--- and please let us all know --how you get on--GOOD LUCK.   :bye:  

horobags

yep, good luck and dont let them piss you about.