Servicing and Warranty

Tpage

Hi All,

I was wondering about the Honda Warranty and service intervals. It is unlikely that I will manage 8000 miles per year on my new NC750X. I am booked in for my 600 mile service next week and wondered when I would need to have the second service to comply with the warranty.

The question is- do I need to do this one year from bike purchase, or 1 year from the 600 mile service or is it Ok to wait until I reach 8000 miles (so long as its before the bike is 2 years Old)?

Any thoughts on this would be welcome.

Cheers Tony

Guest dentonlad

Have your second service done a year after the 600 miler. IIRC the service intervals are 8000 miles or annually.

What you have done at the service will depend upon the mileage you've done. No valve check on the 750 until 16K so it's likely to be just oil and filter, check and adjust everything else. Air filter isn't til 16K  and the spark plugs should be good for 32K. 

My 700X is now just over 3 years old with about 14K on the clock - it  had the first 600 mile service (at about 1000 miles and 6 weeks after getting it) in May 13, and then one annually, May 14 (just under 8K), April 15 (10K) and April 16 (13.7K).  

steelhorseuk

Tony,

Some dealers seem to be more flexible than others regarding warranty and servicing.  

If you make a point to query the schedule with your dealer of choice when you go in for the 600 mile service. You will get the answer your looking for.

-Mark-