Integra: Question on dropping the swingarm out

scoot_to_boot

scoot_to_boot

Hello there, 

I am about to chuck out the horrible OE chain, and following the guru's advice, was going to get and endless chain. Having remove the sprocket cover today, I wonder how to get to the swingarm bolt without taking off the lower side fairing. That's because in the shop manual, in order to take of the lower side fairing it says you have to remove basically all plastic from the scoot, your house and your neighbours house. If that's the case, I would go for the rivet chain after all. 

And once I'm at it: 105 Nm for the rear sprocket nuts? Did anyone have a problem getting those off?

KR

stb

TheEnglishman

And once I'm at it: 105 Nm for the rear sprocket nuts? Did anyone have a problem getting those off?

Nope - I used to use a two foot 1/2" drive breaker bar.  Now I've traded up to a very nice rattle gun.

DaveM59

gallery_4483_108_54628.jpg

The pivot is almost behind the pillion footrest bracket behind the rear end of the lower fairing so they may need to come off. So rear seat, grab rails, rear cowl, and triangular side cover then you should just about be able to remove the shaft without taking the pillion footrest brackets off if you can flex the lower fairing down. Much easier to fit a linked chain, as apart from all this, you have to remove the shock linkages and all the clips for cabling and brake pipes although it will give you the means to clean and protect things while you are at it.

Edited by DaveM59
  • Like 1
scoot_to_boot

Uh-oh. I have the uneasy feeling that the longer footboards of the 750 are thwarting my ambitions, and that the addendum for the shop manual will climb my spend list.

Thanks for the helpful info.  :niceone: