Hunting...

ScaredyCat

ScaredyCat

Bike went in for a 16k mile service the other week and ever since I've detected some hunting or jerkyness at low throttle. I've never experienced it before on my NC, which I've had from new. What in that service could cause this? Is there any cure?

It's very very slight, but since I've never had it before on this bike it's like a giant thorn.

DaveM59

At about 2000rpm  on very light throttle as when bimbling between speed bumps in a car park?

Mine does it too, but only slightly and usually when not warmed up. I have decided it's a 'feature' not a fault.

Griff

I find that mine can be a little like this when cold. Seems to go away though when fully warmed up. I think there is a reset process that can be done. Perhaps that could be tried ?  I am not sure of the process but on my KTM it involves letting it idle from cold for 15 minutes. There is a similar process with my Triumph.

motorbykcourier

I have the same issue that happens at 3000 rpm - the closer it gets to the 16K (big) service the worse the problem.

Not sure what get's done in particular, but it always comes back a lot crisper response.

My opinion of the issue is that its all about the throttle body setting and emissions.

I have discussed possible solutions with garage and seems best option would be to fit a power commander or something similar - that allows access and control at critical emission rpm settings.

Hope that makes sense.....

Gasman

Can't comment on your specific query but the number of times we read that a problem has developed post service is too numerous to count. 

Griff

One of the items to be replaced at 16,000 miles is the air filter. I recently replaced the Air filter on mine and there was a definite improvement in throttle response after doing so.

Guest Big Shot

Bike went in for a 16k mile service the other week and ever since I've detected some hunting or jerkyness at low throttle. I've never experienced it before on my NC, which I've had from new. What in that service could cause this? Is there any cure?

It's very very slight, but since I've never had it before on this bike it's like a giant thorn.

I took my CBR650 in for its 8000 service at 7500 miles and when I got it back it was terrible.... the fuelling was rubbish and trying to navigate an island in second at a constant speed would have reminded you of a leaner pulling away from a junction (Kangaroo juice) I thought I was going to snap the chain or something !!.... took it back the next day and they put it on the diagnostics and said everything was within parameters.... They did an ECU reset anyway and guess what... Perfect Hmmmmm

Worth going back if it's not to far away and make sure they know it wasn't like that before the service

Guest dentonlad

Can't comment on your specific query but the number of times we read that a problem has developed post service is too numerous to count.

I must be lucky, I've never had a single problem on the 8 times my bikes have been serviced by my Honda dealer....

trisaki

Do the ECU reset ,99% certain it will cure the problem , air filter I think is changed at 12000 , valves are at 16000 unless its a 700

Rocker66

I must be lucky, I've never had a single problem on the 8 times my bikes have been serviced by my Honda dealer....

I guess we must be lucky too as Sue and I never have a problem after the bikes have been serviced at our dealer.

Guest bonekicker

Andy you do still look--so fed up--please take you bike back to garage and ask them to sort it out for you--as you can see from the above post's you are NOT one of the lucky--it's NEVER happened to me team--BUT he who laughs last  :baby: