Swingarm replacement

Guest machinman

Guest machinman

Having the swingarm replaced under warranty tomorrow due to chipped paint where the adjuster end plates meet the swingarm.

Very pleased, I thought the claim would be rejected.

Keeps faith in the brand and my local dealer.

matt28

I have the same problem...

Didn't know that can claim it under the warranty.

Will ask during 8k service.

DaveM59

It's no wonder dealers charge so much for servicing and actual jobs that need doing when they have to cover the cost of such inconsequential warranty claims.

• Like 1
Mikdent

It's no wonder dealers charge so much for servicing and actual jobs that need doing when they have to cover the cost of such inconsequential warranty claims.

I was always led to believe that the dealer invoices the manufacturer for warranty claims, in fact I was told that they love it as it can be a bit Kerching! for em.

• Like 5
Guest machinman

I think you'll find the dealer gets paid by the manufacturer to carry out such inconsequential warranty claims. Dealers charge what they do because their overheads are high. Oh, I forgot, they are trying to succeed as a business too.

I think you'll find the dealer gets paid by the manufacturer to carry out such inconsequential warranty claims. Dealers charge what they do because their overheads are high. Oh, I forgot, they are trying to succeed as a business too.

Guest Bandit

Not sure about overseas , but American Honda has fixed standars (cost) for sevice and repairs. Warnty items as well are paid by Honda to the dealer also at fixed rates.

Guest bonekicker

Warranty items are paid at a fixed cost-- the service cost are ---get what you can out of the customer--to me it's short sighted--for when we find out---from places like this forum--that we have been grossly overcharged--it must cast a doubt over customer--dealer relationship.

If I had a dealership--I would want my customers to keep coming back to me --time after time--trust me to look after their motorbikes--- charge a fair price and still earn a profit--in most cases now it's a hard sell and charge as much as possible and never mind if the customer goes somewhere else!!!  :cry:

Guest machinman

My dealer has always been good to me. I've had six bikes from them and I try and get everything from there, clothes, tyres, etc. You may pay a few quid more, but if something goes wrong you have got the support of a professional outfit.

On a more serious note, the coffee is nice too.

Tonyj

Mine has flaked at the contact point of the adjusters and ali back plate as well? Time for a new bike .

Mike5100

I am on my 3rd NC and the previous two had pathetic paint on the swingarm.  I don't expect this one to be any better.  But I don't think there is any point in asking for a replacement under warranty as you will get one just the same.  If I had decided to keep my last bike, I was going to get the swingarm powder coated at the next chain and sprocket change.  I have had the 'old' centre stand powder coated and fitted to this bike because I'm sure the same guy in the factory painted my centre stand.

Mike

Andy m

Does anyone have photos of a bad one please? Selling me ACF-50 is as good a deal as running the off license next to Oliver Reeds house used to be at the moment, but squirting it in the right place helps.

I think the claim is the right thing to do. When you come to sell the bike or get an MOT inspector who's wife just ran off with the milkman who says that paint is a structural component you won't view it as inconsequential. Presenting one with two years rot rather than three will be better.

Dealers like warranty work. The OEM pays the bill and they get a customer in the showroom who may be feeling a new bike will save hassle later. I get complaints at work from a dealer network because our bits rarely fail. They signed up expecting half a technicians job to be covered by manufacturing errors.

Andy

• Like 1

I had my swing arm replaced under warranty too. The paint was falling off all over the place. Dealer has been spot on. New swing arm hasn't had the same problem so far. Need to make a decision about 32K service now though. Dealer will be quite expensive where as independent will be much cheaper and I am just out of warranty!

• Like 1
Guest 650ginge

I had mine replaced too. Same reason. Flaking paint. I had assumed it was caused by the dealer washing with a pressure washer at first service. Seems to be a more common problem.

Rocker66

If I had a dealership--I would want my customers to keep coming back to me --time after time--trust me to look after their motorbikes--- charge a fair price and still earn a profit

And members have mentioned several dealers who do just that. You yourself recently mentioned that you changed dealers because you have a good one.

The answer is when you find a good dealer stick with them and they will look after you. As with many things in life the cheapest is not always the best choice

• Like 1
Mikdent

And members have mentioned several dealers who do just that. You yourself recently mentioned that you changed dealers because you have a good one.

The answer is when you find a good dealer stick with them and they will look after you. As with many things in life the cheapest is not always the best choice

On this note, I have to say that we are very lucky to have Hadrian and his team at Kent Motorcycles.

• Like 1
Guest dentonlad

....and Kevin & the boys at Rochdale Honda.

Sadly, Arthur (the head mechanic/master technician) has a frozen shoulder so their workshop is closed for a couple of weeks or so for major jobs. I don't think Dan is qualified on the full range so it's very basic stuff only.

I had to cancel the CB650F service and gear indicator fit that was due on Monday. Booked back in again for 17 June. 

Guest sykospain

Sorry to hear that - and now I remember it must have been young Dan ( I'd forgotten his moniker ) who left the original works crush washer behind the main oil filter when he replaced the filter at the 600.