Tight Link?

Grumpy old man

Grumpy old man

Hi

I have one tight link on my drive chain, I seem to think it might be the joining link that has been over tightened. other wise the chain and sprockets are in good condition. What I'd like to know i, what's the best way to loosen it, I've tried working it but it doesn't seem to want to give. It's been like this for at least 2000 miles and may well have always been like this.

Is it anything to worry about?

Thanks 

Lloyd

PS- The bike has done around 8600 miles

Edited by Grumpy old man
Guest bonekicker

Lloyd another early bird??

Not had--or really checked for a tight link-- you have been oiling your chain?-- is it rust or just solid?

Grumpy old man

Hi Michael

No rust, lubed after every ride it's just solid

Grumpy old man

It's a little annoying the bike had it's 8000 mile service last Friday and nothing was reported or said. :-(

The usual on these new CBs and NCs ... had a lot on my cb500x.

Clean with WD40, ride for one day then chain spray as usual.

Not really a recomendation, but in the past I have slakened off the chain as far as possible by moving the back wheel and then used a couple of mole grips to get a decent hold and manually worked loose whilst soaking in oil.  I have found though that they do tend to start going tight again after a while so probably only a temp fix unless you want to make it a weekly chore.

Grumpy old man

Thanks guys. After talking to the local Honda shop I've decided to fit a new one they have done a bit of a deal for me.I have to admit they have their faults but they do try.

• Like 1