Rear Wheel Bearings

rjp996

rjp996

Just have my bike serviced at 28,000 miles (Bike is 15 months old).

I noticed an issue with a rougher running on the rear, like on a course road surface, and when they looked at it the inner rear bearing had gone.

Whats the sort of miles people would expect from a bearing, and is 28k good so deemed a wear a tear item and not a warranty failure.

Tonyj

Mine was replaced under warranty, failed at 14k inner bearing on the rear gives up the ghost . They know about it . Murray also posted about the type of bearings used I think as well.

Had to have mine replaced at 32k service along with new fork seals. Made for an expensive service.

rjp996

thanks - now the back is done, I can feel the rough front end - may take the wheel off this weekend and see if I can feel anything abnormal

I have a 32 thousand service coming up, will they check the rear bearings as part of the service as I don't notice any deterioration in the ride? probably the opposite!

Griff

I think mine failed at around 15,000kms. They were replaced under warranty, all three bearings although not all three were gone. It is not my first Honda to have wheel bearings fail. I replaced the front ones twice on my FJS600 in 55,000 miles.