Servicing in South Devon

Obiwavy

Obiwavy

Hi South Devon NCers I have just discovered a brilliant new workshop. The Engine Room 07451083663 or nick-gt@hotmail.co.uk. I needed a service and some of those niggly little, cannot be arsed, jobs done. I heard about Nick and he came down and picked the bike up and delivered it back the next day. He checked the correct oil to use with a dealer,not convinced with their answer he called Honda who put him right on the exact, oil for my DCT. Going that extra mile! And labour charges £30 and no VAT, I like that. He sources and fits tyres, can do ultrasonic carb cleaning, tyre fitting, engine rebuilds ( though I don't think we will be needing that )after market parts and swears he should be able to beat any price. On top of that Nick is a nice friendly bike chatting sort of guy. Situated in the Newton Abbot, Ashburton, Totnes, triangle. I really do recommend him.

• Like 1
Obiwavy

Hi South Devon NCers I have just discovered a brilliant new workshop. The Engine Room 07451083663 or nick-gt@hotmail.co.uk. I needed a service and some of those niggly little, cannot be arsed, jobs done. I heard about Nick and he came down and picked the bike up and delivered it back the next day. He checked the correct oil to use with a dealer,not convinced with their answer he called Honda who put him right on the exact, oil for my DCT. Going that extra mile! And labour charges £30 and no VAT, I like that. He sources and fits tyres, can do ultrasonic carb cleaning, tyre fitting, engine rebuilds ( though I don't think we will be needing that )after market parts and swears he should be able to beat any price. On top of that Nick is a nice friendly bike chatting sort of guy. Situated in the Newton Abbot, Ashburton, Totnes, triangle. I really do recommend him.

Doh!! I forgot to say he previously worked at Honda!
trisaki

What was his answer on oil?

• Like 1
Tonyj

best use some

What was his answer on oil?

• Like 1
Guest bonekicker

Davy good to hear you found a good mechanic--sorry technician--going the extra mile--means he as pride in his work   :thumbsup:  And being ex Honda shows he probably was well trained.

Obiwavy

best use some

COMP4 10/30 XP

Honda themselves stated this was the oil to use for the DC version of the NC. Ii don't know if it is the same for other variants. The engine and gearbox share the oil, so there is a gearbox oil filter too. A Honda dealer sold me 10/40

• Like 1

Another one for lucky south devonians ,got a slow front  puncture near Honiton with fairly worn tyres and  found protyres in Exeter that fitted me a pair of pr4, 225 with cashback all inclusive , think that's an ok deal for a ride in  .

• Like 2