Which brake pad?

Guest Markino

Guest Markino

Hi guys,

in the past after some tets on my CBR600RR 2003 I've always installed the orignal Honda brake pad on my bike because in my opinion they are the best pair with the orignal brake... are this option still valid or have you tryed some better brake pad on our NC?

Thanks!

steelhorseuk

I was going to install a set of EBC sintered pads on my NC700SA but my dealer did me a good deal on Honda pads for both wheels so I went with the OEM pads.

Next time, I will try EBC pads I think just so I can see if there is a difference.

-Mark-

• Like 1
Andy m

For pads that are too small to order via our test department I always just go with a brand you'd recognise as having offices in Europe or Japan. The Honda ones aren't made by Honda they are just branded by whoever supplies Nissin etc. So long as you avoid the Chinese tat on the auction site  they are all the same.

Andy

Defender

I've just ordered a pair of EBC 'GG' front disc pads for my NC'X as the MOT man flagged them up as well worn.

Defender

New pads were ordered on Monday night, arrived just after lunch and now fitted.

A nice easy job, no issues with removal of the old ones or fitting the new ones, old ones were well worn and needed replacing now.

I'll be going out later for a gentle ride to start bedding them in, will report back on how they're performing once they've done a few miles.

EBC DOUBLE H sintered excellent improvement over the  OEM rubbish a good 30% improvement on the braking effectivness my conclusion drawn on the last 20,000 miles with them.  :thumbsup:

I am also in favour of EBC HH pads for front. As good as standard and last a bit longer too