Honda NC750 DCT twin filter Oil Change

Tad

Not my video, just posting the link.

DaveM59

I wish someone would video a more typical rusty bike where bolts shear off and hex screws round off like you find in the real world of British motorcycling. It's dead easy to do any job on a brand new hardly used bike that hasn't ridden through a British winter.

I would like to know why Honda left a cut out in the panel where the clutch filter is, yet it isn't big enough to get the cover off with the panel fitted...a waste of a hole that simply allows dirt onto the cover bolts, it could have been a solid panel.

Bang on Keith.

I wish someone would video a more typical rusty bike where bolts shear off and hex screws round off like you find in the real world of British motorcycling. It's dead easy to do any job on a brand new hardly used bike that hasn't ridden through a British winter.

Dave, the video was made by forum member Alan who lives in Spain. He doesn't get much opportunity to ride through British winters. Lucky sod.. :)

DaveM59

It wasn't a complaint, it's a very useful film I was just envisioning what the scenario would be more typically on an older bike in the UK or elsewhere that has less clement weather. Probably more DIY SOS than Grand Designs! 

You probably couldn't fit the whole job into a YouTube length video if you had to include drilling out bolts, helicoil fitting and stuck sump bolts either  :D

• Like 1

Fair comment, matey. One snapped off bolt head can reduce a simple task to a nightmare, it's true. I'm not sure about YouTube's policy on bad language, but that alone would stop me making such a video.. :D

Guest sykospain

Good comments - when last Spring 2015 middle son Tim examined the single-plate dry clutch that was designed by BMW back when Noah was a lad, he had to spend half-a-day bashing and drilling out the cross-member on the UK-wintered Rockster.

The crucial piece of tubing with a bolt each end securing it to the frame had been assembled bone-dry at the Berlin factory, where nowadays each tecnico on the assembly line has a tub of blue Loctite in which he seemingly dips every single sodding bolt, but there's not a glimpse of a smear of Copaslip.

Now that I'm back home in sweltering Andalucía after my month's holiday-in-the-pigging-rain in Saddleworth, I'll get around to sticking together the footage of the Air Filter swap-out job, also filmed in the estimable José's workshop - MotoSpeed in Antas.

Alan, perhaps you could buy an Integra next? I could use some instructional videos on one of those.. :D

With regard to the BMW, you need to remember that (in their fevered imagination!) the design is so perfect no one will ever need to take one apart..

DaveM59

The first thing I did with my Integra was to strip it all down and thoroughly pressure wash where you wouldn't normally get at, and then remove every screw and bolt one at a time and copaslip it and replace it. I then gave the whole naked bike a good coat of FS365 (half a litre). Also pulled every electrical connector off, cleaned if needed, and apply a blob of silicon grease and refit. New body retaining pins and clips fitted where they were missing and all the allen screws that hold them on greased on refit.

In theory I should never be stymied by a stuck or rounded bolt...it worked on the X9!

• Like 1

The first thing I did with my Integra was to strip it all down and thoroughly pressure wash where you wouldn't normally get at, and then remove every screw and bolt one at a time and copaslip it and replace it. I then gave the whole naked bike a good coat of FS365 (half a litre). Also pulled every electrical connector off, cleaned if needed, and apply a blob of silicon grease and refit. New body retaining pins and clips fitted where they were missing and all the allen screws that hold them on greased on refit.

In theory I should never be stymied by a stuck or rounded bolt...it worked on the X9!

Amazing. That's what I would like to do to mine. But I can't be arsed. I can barely make myself lube the chain, although I did that last week and didn't even sulk about it, so I may just be getting better :)

• 6 years later...
Nickthenoo

Great video, but I need to question the oil capacity. I’m being told on the FB forum it’s 4.1 ltrs for the dct! Who is correct? Handbook says 3.4