Integra 750 Plastics removal

Normsthename

Normsthename

Can anyone with a 750 Integra tell me how to remove the Footboard plastic?

There has always been a gap where the footboard fits to the upper plastic (See Photo)

7457031ec1bdf0033ea596cfb66b7d2f.jpg

I wonder if the Honda mechanic who did its first service has not replaced it correctly or worse broken a Tab :(

Any ideas how to remove it?, thanks in advance

Andy

I wonder if the Honda mechanic who did its first service has not replaced it correctly or worse broken a Tab :(

Safe bet it was the case. Some of the panels need some thinking to put them back on properly. Too involved to remove that part to type it up, so give me your email address and I'll send you the panel removal extract from the service manual.

Normsthename

Thanks Hati

PM Sent :)

Andy

I have exactly the same problem on mine. They couldn't fix it at the first service. I am hoping they get it done at annual service. I think it was a tab missing. I don't know if the dealer has to mount the panel when putting it together for the first time.

Normsthename

Thank to Hati I now have the information to remove the plastics :D

Definitely a Weekend job seeing what's involved!

I will report back what I find :)

Andy

• 11 months later...

Guys, is there somewhere on the internet some video tutorial about how to remove side plastics/panels for Integra 750S or older models?

Yesterday me and my friend were mounting top case rack and, when we were almost done, my friend dropped the Imbus key somewhere right or left from the gas tank (the drivers seat was open) just between the tank and the panel of the bike. I wouldn't try to find it but my wife saw everything and now she doesn't want to ride with me until I find it. She is very afraid of a disaster or something. :ermm:

F.Honda750xd

Get one of those magnets on a flexible stick that mechanics use to retrieve dropped nuts. 

I'm just planning to do that. But the problem is if I don't find them, then there are two options. The have fallen on the road somewhere or my wife thinks they are still there waiting to kill us. :wacko: I must start lying to my wife. :P

• 3 weeks later...
On 09. 06. 2017. at 16:47, F.Honda750xd said:

Get one of those magnets on a flexible stick that mechanics use to retrieve dropped nuts. 

Found it in 5 minutes. :banana2:

• Like 1
F.Honda750xd

Now you can tell the other half we can confidently go for a nice ride. 

I've retrieved quite a few bits and pieces from nooks and crannies with my magnet on a stick.