Steering lock

Guest Rufio

Guest Rufio

Hi all.

My bike won'the always go into the 'lock' setting when my nc700x is turned off. I put the handlebars as far left as possible and turn the key to off then I push down to try and get into lock. However it very rarely works?

Any ideas?

Thanks Rufio

Guest dentonlad

Mine is the same (on all my bikes). Just move the bars back a tiny fraction from full lock and the key will turn. Be gentle, don't try and force it as you may bend the key........

Guest Stretto Boy

Hi : I wonder if you are pushing it too far to the left. On my Integra, I find that I need to turn the front wheel most but not quite all of the way to the left otherwise it won't lock.

Try it and let us know how you get on.

Stretto Boy

embee

Exactly as above.

Spindizzy

My little trick is take it full lock, apply light pressure to the key in the lock direction and gently move the bars away from full lock, it just drops the lock in that way.

• Like 1
Guest amiga-mark

Same as spindizzy.

Take it to full lock, push the key in and gently, gently apply turning pressure to key while at the same time slightly turn back from full lock and "click".

Guest Rufio

It works perfectly!

I was turning the bars far too much over. And when the key wouldn't work I thought it was because the bar wasn't turned far enough and not the other way round like you have all suggested.

Thanks all.

Rufio

• 2 weeks later...
larryblag

My little trick is take it full lock, apply light pressure to the key in the lock direction and gently move the bars away from full lock, it just drops the lock in that way.

Yep, thats worked for me on nearly all the bikes I've owned. Once learned its quite easy, carefully does it.

• Like 1