NC700 service manual part number

Slowboy
Go to solution Solved by Slowboy,

Slowboy

Apologies if this has been asked before, but can anyone advise me what the order number/part number is for the NC700 service (work shop) manual, my local Honda dealer seems not to be able to find it, it's almost like they don't want to sell me one...

I've decide to service it myself after being quoted over £500 for labour for the 32k service. I'm a mechanical engineer with good work shop facilities at home for goodness sake, I ought to be able to do this!

Edited by slowboy
Guest dentonlad

Hi Brian,

Can't help with the number but .....There are some workshop manuals, both print and on CD, available on flea bay, which purport to be Honda ones. From a tenner.

How many hours labour has been quoted? The 32K service is the same as the 16K other than the need to replace the spark plugs, isn't it?

Guest sykospain

As a Supporter, Brian in Devon, you're 'entitled' to ask Father Ted nicely and all your wishes will come true.....nuff sed

Slowboy

Hi Brian,

Can't help with the number but .....There are some workshop manuals, both print and on CD, available on flea bay, which purport to be Honda ones. From a tenner.

How many hours labour has been quoted? The 32K service is the same as the 16K other than the need to replace the spark plugs, isn't it?

They quoted 6 hours. Sadly it's the dealer I have used before but is now under new ownership. I believe they have been on the creative charging course. Just for contrast, my Volvo V70 D5 is getting its 3rd annual service at a Volvo main dealer for £364 all in and this includes a years Home uk and European recovery thrown in. I can service a bike, I've even rebuilt a couple, and now I'm retired I refuse to "assume the position" on demand. My French freinds have confirmed that the same service at their local main agents was under £200, it's almost worth getting the ferry over...

"Old tightwad"

glencoeman

My local Honda dealer told me that it was Honda policy not to sell service/workshop manuals when I asked about one for my NC700S.  I know that the policy has recently changed as the 2016 service manual for the NC750X is now available at about £45. Don't know if manuals are available for earlier models - they are available in the USA.

Slowboy

My extensive researches suggest the part number is 61MGS02. I will see how I get on on Monday. I've never had problems before getting a manual for other Hondas. A final discussion with the dealer, to include the cost of parts and labour was north of £650. I guess they just don't want the business.

DaveM59

Just download it off this very site for free from the blue strip at the top of the page. You can print off just the bits you need if you really need to.

Guest machinman

I have the Honda manual for the 700, comes in 2 volumes. They both have the same part number on the rear: 62MGS00. IIRC they cost around £45 (mine came as a pair cellophaned together)

I also had one for my CB1300, so they are available.

I also recall the dealer struggling to find it on their system, shouldn't be a problem though now you have part numbers.

Derek_Mac

My extensive researches suggest the part number is 61MGS02. I will see how I get on on Monday. I've never had problems before getting a manual for other Hondas. A final discussion with the dealer, to include the cost of parts and labour was north of £650. I guess they just don't want the business.

That might be the part number for the book published in the US by Helm, Stuart (machinman) has given the correct number according to the David Silver Spares website.

• Solution
Slowboy

Thanks every one for your help. Yes Derek, it was the US part number, Stuart, thanks for the correct UK number.

Much appreciated

Brian

glencoeman

I have the PDF version but don't you find it very frustrating when it keeps referring to different pages when doing a job. It would be much easier with a paper manual.