2016 integra tool kit

fat al

hi all, i have recently swapped my 750x for an integra but there are no tools for removing the rear wheel, are they "missing" from my toolkit or have honda stopped including them in the tool kit?

al

Guest bonekicker

fat al--What tool kit were you expecting?? I do think they have ever had enough tools in to remove the rear wheel anyway-- and how would you torque the wheel back up again?-- the tool kit on my new NC750S DCT as--the worst tool kit ever--I can't even remember what little was in it--I carry my own tools in the top box--but if anything more than a puncture--or loose mirror-- I would just call the AA--and either get the bike home or to the garage. :baby:

i had expected the same as on the 750x and the 700 before that, the honda ring spanner and extenson handle to undo and tighten the wheel spindle for chain adjusting purposes, torquing it back up? i use the sole of my boot, isn't that what they mean about foot pounds?

al

• Like 3

i use the sole of my boot, isn't that what they mean about foot pounds?

al

:D

Can't speak for the 2016 Integra, but my 2014 has that. And a screwdriver too, I seem to remember.

Andy m

I got a kit on the S with a box wrench etc.

I bet half the nut torquers own a bar with numbers on that is an ex-torque wrench ,having last had a calibration cert in 1984?

Andy

• Like 2

My dad insisted that there were only three degree of tightness..

Tight.

Effing tight.

Broke another one.

That has stood me in good stead for years now. :)

• Like 3
Guest marekm

Regarding toolkit, you only need duct tape and WD-40.

• If it moves, but shouldn't - use duct tape;
  • If it doesn't move, but should - use WD-40.
bluemak

Realistically the only toolkit you can carry around is gaffer tape, screw driver and allen keys to secure anything coming loose - and a mobile to call out rescue for anything more serious. 

Spindizzy

Correct torque setting for rear wheel spindle "Two white knuckles and a fart"

Trust me I am an Engineer......

• Like 2
Brigante7

Correct torque setting for rear wheel spindle "Two white knuckles and a fart"

Trust me I am an Engineer......

LMFAO.

Tonyj

Just making a short list of tools to carry then :

Torque wrench with calibration certificate

Bottle jack

oxy acetylene ( small pack ) would prefer tig but need something a bit more mobile and not requiring electric or I've got to take a generator.

First aid kit

Assortments of mixed nuts and bolts , metric

Air pump , manual ( in case electric fails ) see genny above

Air pump electric

Tyre removal kit : levers or some Old spoons from mums kitchen draw , not her good ones or she will have you and definitely not the the brassy one, it bends to easy

The little spanner that looked like a dumbbell that didn't fit anything , but looked like it would

Three in one oil or wd in bones case

Jis screwdrivers, the ones that everybody got from aldi except me :0(

Some fuses and wire . Not domestic house fuses this time , thought a fuse was a fuse

Tow rope ( possibly hang myself )

Fold up stool

Toilet paper , for when I over tighten a nut with my out of date torque wrench.

Good book or kindle depends on how old you are for the wait for the recovery

Just some of the practical items needed to enjoy a worry free ride out with some friends, I know that some people will add to this but I've found this list gathered from all the wisdom on the Internet invaluable, I wouldn't go anywhere without my transit van following me.

• Like 5
glencoeman

The manufacturers are putting less and less in toolkits these days. I don't think that USA market Hondas come with a toolkit at all. I recently purchased a Beta Alp 200 and all it came with was a screwdriver. They are all cost cutting now. For what it's worth, my NC700S came with a reasonable toolkit in 2012 but I still had to buy an allen key socket to remove the front wheel.

Tony - you're a hoot!

embee

......., I wouldn't go anywhere without my transit van following me.

Ideally qualified to join Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman on a trans continental expedition then.

• Like 2
Tonyj

Ideally qualified to join Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman on a trans continental expedition then.

Always makes me chuckle when the great debate about over landing and stuff you need and want and use etc.

when they made the programs and I think they did a lot for the cause , the bike they had to buy was a Chinese / Russian copy of something or other that got fixed by a fella just wondering by . Yet the ohlins shocks both went up the air as did the frames etc on the bm's , I know this was down to overloading etc but the shock was more the the new bike and they put all there old tut on that and made it :0)

• Like 1
Andy m

The inflatable ones pack smaller (or so I hear).

Andy

Tonyj

Ah an inflatable trailer that's novel:0)

• Like 1