NC700s instrument console stopped working

Guest StadiumRT

Guest StadiumRT

Hi

The instrument console on my 63 plate 700s just stopped working. Bike has just turned 12000 miles.No clocks at all, no fuel gauge or tachometer. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks Chris

Edited by StadiumRT
Guest dentonlad

Does the nc run a separate fuse for the instrument console? If so, where is it located please? Many thanks

Not sure. There is nothing in the manual (workshop or owners) that details what the fuses are for.

The fuses are found on the left hand side of the battery. Open up the frunk and take off the inspection/maintenance cover (two screws) and the fuse box is there. Take the fuse box cover off you should see the fuses. I don't know if there is a plan of what fuse does what as I've never had reason to look. One would hope that there is something!

If in doubt, check your owners manual. Page 57 and 115 in mine. 

Derek_Mac

Most of the fuses are next to the battery in the frunk, undo the two cross headed screws and the fuse box is to the left of the battery.

The starter magnetic switch is at the other side of the battery.

Page 112 in the user manual for the S.

Edit: beaten :(

Fuse 9 might be the one, it's labelled clock/turn on the wiring diagram - that's probably too logical though.

Has the plug into the base of the dashboard/combination meter come loose?

Edited by Derek_Mac
  • Like 1

Multiplug in the back of the clocks adrift?

That's where I'd be looking too.

fred_jb

When that happened to me it turned out to be a blown fuse.  The engine seemed to go into a strange mode too with lots of popping and banging on the overrun.   I think it was caused by an indicator warning gadget I had connected which failed.   Are your indicators still working?

Fred

glencoeman

First thing to check: are the battery connections loose as other people (including myself) have found them not be tight. It is awkward getting a spanner (you do need to use two spanners to do it correctly) in there and they are usually just tightened with a screwdriver by the dealer.